GPU profiling  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
HansKeesom

GPU profiling

by HansKeesom » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Calculating a preview consists of one or more tasks which can be done either by the GPU or the CPU.

Would be great to have a benchmark build into APG that for each of these tasks compares the speed of GPU with the speed of CPU. The result can be used to decide to do what on the GPU and what on the CPU, optimizing the preview function for the machine it has to run on.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:13 pm

to get valid values such a Benchmark would have to do a full run of all steps... so the same as doing the render itself...
Georg

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:29 pm

gkaefer wrote:to get valid values such a Benchmark would have to do a full run of all steps... so the same as doing the render itself...
Georg

No because the render is not done by GPU, so no need to compare them. However, if in the future the render is done by GPU it should be included
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

Return to Autopano future