Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am 

on the wiki page its stated that the Giga Tiler is freeware.
Perhaps it would make sense that the sourcecode for the freeware get public available on autopano forum. Perhaps some "nurds" could pick it up and next release will no wait for more than 3 years...

Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:38 pm 

freeware is not open source, nor is open source (at least its original definition) limited to freeware.

There may (or may not) be some tricks used in Giga Tiler that Kolor doesn't want to disclose. Or they may not want to support the source (even if they say "no support" people will still ask questions).

And besides, why use gigatiler when APT is available?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm 

I just started getting some unusual behavior from gigatiler. I have used it successfully a number of times. Now when I run it to create 8192x8192 tiff tiles from a 122880 x 81920 16-bit psb it creates a psychedelic color pattern rather than my image. I am running it on win 7 x64. Any ideas? I know it has worked in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:20 pm 

gregdowning wrote:
I just started getting some unusual behavior from gigatiler. I have used it successfully a number of times. Now when I run it to create 8192x8192 tiff tiles from a 122880 x 81920 16-bit psb it creates a psychedelic color pattern rather than my image. I am running it on win 7 x64. Any ideas? I know it has worked in the past.

the krpanotools contain a kmaketiles tool which can slice and paste the tiles...
and a native 64bit version is also available
http://www.krpano.com/tools/kmaketiles/

lg
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm 

hankkarl wrote:
freeware is not open source, nor is open source (at least its original definition) limited to freeware.

There may (or may not) be some tricks used in Giga Tiler that Kolor doesn't want to disclose. Or they may not want to support the source (even if they say "no support" people will still ask questions).

And besides, why use gigatiler when APT is available?

I didnt want to say thats freeware so where is the sourcecode...

I just want to say that a x years old freeware software still used and demanded does not get updated.
So if no interest from side kolor to develop or maintain exists then it perhaps could be positive for all if sourecode would be public...

PTP? I can here set the tilesize... But did you ever check the resulting tilesize? its almost always not the set value. kmaketiles from krpanotools does what you want, also giga tiler. One most desired feature for the gigatiler is the pasting the tiles back together to one pano... PTP cant do this today , even PTPs export of cubefaces to manipulate the tiles (nadir!) and reimport works, but the resulting pano cant be exported to a single image.... so for this a more enhanced (and Im hopeful after the AP2.5 release some focus on the gigatiler is coming from Kolor side) Gigatiler would be an important tool for working process...

PS: krpanotools are here not the optimum because the kmatetiles can only handle 8bit tiffs and jpgs
so this would be chance for the gigatiler to overtake if 16bit or also png .kro files would be accepted ;-)

Liebe Gruesse,

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:16 pm 

Thanks Georg, I will see how that deals w/ 16-bit next.

I tracked down the problem. When I started down this workflow I wanted to test gigatiler to make sure I could tile 16-bit. I created a test 16384x8192 16-bit psb and tiled it into 16-bit tiffs. Worked Great. However, I have now learned that anything larger than that will fail in 16-bit and produce the weird primary color patterns. :( Looks like my bad luck was choosing a test image that was just under the threashhold of what gigatiler could handle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:21 pm 

Is there any chance to invoke GigaTiler from command line? it would be perfect to be able to invoke the executable with tile size as parameter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:25 am 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Yes, the next gigatiler supports kro file. We know we have to spend some time to release it ( at last ), but we are really occupied to finish the 2.5 engine.

Does anybody have access to the gigatiler that supports .kro files? All that i can find available is the 1.0 version on the gigatiler website. Now that the 2.5 engine is finished, what is the status of a new version of gigatiler?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am 

Welcome to the forum....
inMotion wrote:
AlexandreJ wrote:
Yes, the next gigatiler supports kro file. We know we have to spend some time to release it ( at last ), but we are really occupied to finish the 2.5 engine.

Does anybody have access to the gigatiler that supports .kro files? All that i can find available is the 1.0 version on the gigatiler website. Now that the 2.5 engine is finished, what is the status of a new version of gigatiler?

Will this utility do what you want?:
http://www.bigmike.it/kroutils/