Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:25 pm 

Rather than one big scratch disk I've got a lot of disks each with space on them. I've set up the software to use them all, and so it does. Unfortunately it uses every last byte on a disk before moving on to the next one, and this makes windows do all kinds of strange things at times.

Would it be possible to have a setting to tell the software to use all but the last x GB of a disk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 pm 

I would suggest not to use disks that are also used by windows. Have one or two scratch disks specially for that purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 am 

I do try to, but Windows complains any time any of my disks get completely full - it comes up with a "do you want to tidy this disk" message, which I'm sure eats at least some processor time etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:16 pm 

O it will eat some processor time but compared to what APG uses it will be nothing. Problably an option that can be turned of somewhere inside windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 am 

There was some discussion about this in this bug report. http://www.kolor.com/forum/t15450-apg-3.0.0-a1-win-7-sp1-x64-crash-when-out-of-temporary-space

My understanding is that if you ahve multiple temp folders for autopano, it will leave 1GB of space before moving on to the next one. However if you only have one drive (like a laptop for example) it will use up every last byte which causes lots of problems with windows and mac os X