various minor and major additions....  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
Lecaramel

various minor and major additions....

by Lecaramel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi,

This is a list of features / improvements which could help in APG (not in priority order):

(removed): 1. Presets in the Image Property windows: I'm currently shooting with a manual lens and each time I'm importing my panos, I need to enter for each images various settings. As I'm using always the same setup, having a way to save and load presets would be a huge time saver... It can be extended to the Group parameters (different settings if I'm using my UGA or my fisheye for a spherical pano or other kind of panos)
Edit: doable with a double right click on the list of selected images on windows, or with Cmd+Click on Mac

2. Alternative horizon tool: having a bezier like curve which you draw over the current horizon (then it's a curve, not a line) and when validating the tool, AGP flatten the curve and then, align the panorama horizon.

3. having a way to lock an area of the panorama which is horizontal (then it can be move up/down to help the other part to be horizontal, but no angle changes)

4. Anti aliased lines for the horizon... It's almost impossible to be accurate with non anti aliased lines.

5. Switching from horizontal top nadir and zenith in editor view. We can do it manually approximately, but when you spent some time defining the horizon, I'm always afraid of losing this work by changing the position, which can be very useful to visualize the nadir and zenith stitching.

6. A panorama 360° preview. Something similar that we have in Panotour. I'm lucky to have a dedicated small tool to visualize my panoramas, but it requires me to render it first... it's so time consuming :)

7. An improvement of HDR support, when your loaded images are in HDR (I'm creating my HDR before importing them in AGP). Just having a setting to change in the image properties the exposure... Sometime it's very dark, I need to edit my sources in photoshop to compensate, just to see something for my edits in AGP.

8. A 32 bits PSD export. I would love to export my HDR panos (made from HDR images) as a PSB file with all my images as layer, like you can do in default PSD/PSB export... but in 32 bits... :)

9. A simple pano export in html5 / flash (just navigation, no interaction). Currently, it is require to buy Panotour (which I have...) just to do a simple export of a panorama, using another software, etc. If it's a license/product split which is the reason (which I perfectly understand), then adding this feature only if you own Panotour (plugin, bridge, I don't kow...)

10. Custom nadir image: being able to load an image (jpg, png, psd, hdr.. with transparency) which will be automatically put at the nadir with few option : size and rotation. Greate to cover when needed the tripod with your credits or something else.

11. Auto save of both image group and panoramas. I have a lot of crashes with AGP when saving because of the old nasty bugs when opening a system window to save/load, then it would prevent losing too much time by redoing the same task over and over :)

12. when doing a pano with a set of images and saving the project, if we replace the source with another set of images (the same, but let's say a different exposure), the resulting pano is different from the previous one on the blending of the images or on the anti ghost. If would be great to have a setting to keep the original computing and replying it. It would be really helpful to create individual exposure panos and then after, creating an HDR in a dedicated software. I know that we can use the stacks, but it's a nightmare to setup with a manual lens in you have 9 images with 9+ different exposures...

13. perhaps not a feature request.. but most of the time, my preview is perfect on the blending of the images (like on pavements, wires, but when doing the render, a lot of blending errors or miss alignments not visible on the preview.... Then it's not wysiwyg... no way to improve that? :)

And the most important...
- Please, a far more complete documentation... a lot of feature are just roughly explained or not at all... You have to search in the wiki, it's not always up to date, etc. I know it's a boring and long task (It's a part of my job...), but AGP deserve a decent documentation. I'm sure I could improve a lot my panoramas if I could be more aware of how some features are working. For me, it's currently the worst point about AGP (désolé, qui aime bien chatie bien :)

Thant's all for now :) If I find some extra, I'll update my first post and post a message saying it has been updated.

Happy Panos !
Last edited by Lecaramel on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog photo : Polyshoot.fr

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Lecaramel wrote:1. Presets in the Image Property windows: I'm currently shooting with a manual lens and each time I'm importing my panos, I need to enter for each images various settings. As I'm using always the same setup, having a way to save and load presets would be a huge time saver... It can be extended to the Group parameters (different settings if I'm using my UGA or my fisheye for a spherical pano or other kind of panos)

use " always force . . . values" (or so - i have the german version) in the image-prefs to let it completely (?) ignore EXIFs. I use manual Nikon lenses on a Canon 5D2 - i always use this prefs and they never fail.

Lecaramel wrote:And the most important...
- Please, a far more complete documentation... a lot of feature are just roughly explained or not at all... You have to search in the wiki, it's not always up to date, etc. I know it's a boring and long task (It's a part of my job...), but AGP deserve a decent documentation. I'm sure I could improve a lot my panoramas if I could be more aware of how some features are working. For me, it's currently the worst point about AGP (désolé, qui aime bien chatie bien :)

Agree! :cool: But they´re doing better and better!

best, Klaus

image prefs:

Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Lecaramel

by Lecaramel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Thank you Klaus for the image, but in fact, this setting is also available in the image proprties editor. But not the aperture or speed. These settings are needed if you wish to use the HDR color correction :)

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Lecaramel wrote:Thank you Klaus for the image, but in fact, this setting is also available in the image proprties editor. But not the aperture or speed. These settings are needed if you wish to use the HDR color correction :)

Aperture and speed isn´t related to the basic focal-length and lens-model settings. You wrote to have always the same setup!? As i understand it that means always the same focal-length and lens-model:

"I'm currently shooting with a manual lens and each time I'm importing my panos, I need to enter for each images various settings. As I'm using always the same setup,. . "

Aperture and speed can´t be constant in "always the same setup" can they? :cool:

Guess i misundertand what you mean in detail! ;)

best, Klaus

Lecaramel

by Lecaramel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:34 pm

When I shoot my panos, I know that I did it at f/8. Then if I need to enter this value for 81 images, I have to do it one by one as the value isn't in the exif of the image.
If it's an HDR image, I don't even have the speed as such image doesn't have exif datas :)

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Lecaramel wrote:When I shoot my panos, I know that I did it at f/8. Then if I need to enter this value for 81 images, I have to do it one by one as the value isn't in the exif of the image.

No - select all images and type in your value in the dialog box. All images will have the same value.

best, Klaus

i was right - select all images and edit one. I tested it right now. All images get the same setting.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lecaramel

by Lecaramel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm

It doesn't work for me for aperture and speed (I always tried and just tried again...

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Lecaramel wrote:It doesn't work for me for aperture and speed (I always tried and just tried again...

tested it right now. It works! (i remember having done it several times).

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lecaramel

by Lecaramel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm selecting all the images in my images properties window, I can set on the top the focal and type of the lens (fisheye), but in the list of images below, I can do a multiple selection of the images, but as far as I double click to enter a value for the aperture, I'm losing my selection.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Lecaramel wrote:I'm selecting all the images in my images properties window, I can set on the top the focal and type of the lens (fisheye), but in the list of images below, I can do a multiple selection of the images, but as far as I double click to enter a value for the aperture, I'm losing my selection.

On the Mac i hold "cmd" to edit the values when all images are selected. Don´t know what it´s on PC.

best, Kaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 pm

Lecaramel wrote:I'm selecting all the images in my images properties window, I can set on the top the focal and type of the lens (fisheye), but in the list of images below, I can do a multiple selection of the images, but as far as I double click to enter a value for the aperture, I'm losing my selection.

on windows:

open image properties window
mark all images (CRTL/STRG + A)
than with double right mouse button click on one of the vlaues you like to globally edit (aperture as example)
enter the correct value (lets say 5.6)
and with hitting return key the value will be applied to all images.

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Lecaramel

by Lecaramel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Georg: that worked!! Well, I never thought of trying a double right click. I though the software we are doing in our company was tricky... I'll keep that one in mind! Thank you (and thank you again Kaus too!)

I'm editing my first post.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am

I can support many of your points...
No.9 I think you're wrong.
Lets say the software autopano and panotour would be in one software. How many than are posting they dont wanna pay for software they only use/need 50% of the features...

Georg

Lecaramel

by Lecaramel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 am

George: I was mentionning only a simple interactive viewer with the minimal feature, I think keeping panotour is a must have, not merging both software. I also remember that some times ago, Panotour was a part of autopano giga package :p

I just want to export my current pano in an html5. No hot points, no gallery, no settings.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Lecaramel wrote:6. A panorama 360° preview. Something similar that we have in Panotour. I'm lucky to have a dedicated small tool to visualize my panoramas, but it requires me to render it first... it's so time consuming :)

How could one view without rendering?

After rendering devalVR is a useful tool for quickly viewing spherical projections on the Windows platform:
http://www.devalvr.com/

9. A simple pano export in html5 / flash (just navigation, no interaction). Currently, it is require to buy Panotour (which I have...) just to do a simple export of a panorama, using another software, etc. If it's a license/product split which is the reason (which I perfectly understand), then adding this feature only if you own Panotour (plugin, bridge, I don't kow...)

There used to be a quick Flash export in an earlier incarnation of APP/APG.

If you only want to produce a simple single pano HTML5/Flash output - not a fully linked tour - then pano2VR is considerably less expensive than Panotour Pro:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Lecaramel wrote:George: I was mentioning only a simple interactive viewer with the minimal feature, I think keeping panotour is a must have, not merging both software. I also remember that some times ago, Panotour was a part of autopano giga package :p

That's not quite true. The software that was once bundled with APG was Autopano Tour, a precursor of Panotour and Panotour Pro. And it was always a standalone product, not integrated in any way, and merely bundled with APG.

I just want to export my current pano in an html5. No hot points, no gallery, no settings.

Then take a look at pano2VR - it's considerably less expensive than Panotour Pro (Panotour standard edition cannot ouput HTML5) for such a purpose:

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

Return to Autopano future