Measure area  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
zooeyjfp

Measure area

by zooeyjfp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

It wouold be very nice to be able to determine the visual magnitude of an element in a photo. This could be implemented by using the mouse to outline an element. Measurement should be in steradians or square degrees.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:45 pm

zooeyjfp wrote:It wouold be very nice to be able to determine the visual magnitude of an element in a photo. This could be implemented by using the mouse to outline an element. Measurement should be in steradians or square degrees.

You´d need stereoscopic photography for that if you want to be precise (and otherwise than being precise measuring would hardly make sense . . ;))

See here:
http://www.spheron.com/en/spheron-cgi/products/3d-measurement.html

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
zooeyjfp

by zooeyjfp » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Klaus, Thanks, this is certainly true for real linear measurements, but I am interested in the visual area occupied within a field of view (measured in square minutes of arc).

The problem I am facing in to understand the visual magnitude of wind turbines in a view. It is not the absolute size of the turbines, but their relative size that concerns me. The closer one gets to a turbine, the greater the visual magnitude.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:09 pm

zooeyjfp wrote:It wouold be very nice to be able to determine the visual magnitude of an element in a photo. This could be implemented by using the mouse to outline an element. Measurement should be in steradians or square degrees.

;-)
http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2012/09/07/kolor-labs-measurement-using-panoramas-by-alexandre-jenny/
Georg

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:22 pm

gkaefer wrote:

;-)
http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2012/09/07/kolor-labs-measurement-using-panoramas-by-alexandre-jenny/
Georg

Yep!

That´s the way Spheron shoots it: two POV.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I like this idea much. Added to feature request : 1544

Return to Autopano future