Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:28 pm 

I often export to cube face to remove the tripod from my panoramic images using photoshop. When I import the cube faces again to create the new panoramic image there are at times lines or seams where two cube face images come together. This always happenes if I have to edit the edge of a cube face. It would be very helpful if I could export the entire panoramic image so I can do some final cleanup in Photoshop.

I have attached a section of the post cube face import panorama as an example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:26 pm 

Hi... Its actually a future request... So, coming soooooooon.... ;)

Destiny...

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:44 pm 

HawaiiHans wrote:
I often export to cube face to remove the tripod from my panoramic images using photoshop. When I import the cube faces again to create the new panoramic image there are at times lines or seams where two cube face images come together.

Never retouch on the borders of cubefaces! Do it on the equi if you have areas to work on or "unfold" the faces to a "cross" (don´t know the english word for this).

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:20 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
Klaus is right, you should never edit the cubefaces...alltogether....

That´s NOT what i said! OF COURSE you can retouch the cubefaces!!

I said: "never retouch ON THE BORDERS of cubefaces"! Because if you retouch close to the border you most likely get a tonal break with the next cubeface - and that
produces the "seams".

Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:13 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
What I meant was, I don't edit the cubefaces of the final panorama....I create them using sphere to cube droplet, edit those specially created cubefaces, then stick the #### together and reedit the resulting equirecti.....

That´s what i do also. I make cubefaces using the droplet, edit the Nadir face and use the other droplet to make them equirectangular again. I sugget to keep on TIF level instead of JPG.

The whole pocedure takes less time than shooting an extra Nadir - having a straight downlook - and stitch it in.

In some cases it can be useful to retouch in another one of the cubefaces - but *never* do it close to the border!

In the case you *really need* to shoot a Nadir: put the head on a sturdy ball-head and tilt it 90° to shoot straight down - pull the tripod aside and up for matching the
point the camera was before while shooting the sphere.

But i do that only when there are extraordinarily complex patterns on the ground.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 pm 

.... 34.2c.... look forward to those nice WARM days.. it only gets to the low 20's during the day here and thats winter... It actually gets down to 7 at night.. hate that..!!!

34.2... X 9 / 5 + 32 = 93.56 F... Nice and warm... Come on down under and experience 40+.. I will fry you an egg and bacon breakfast on a rock... :)

Export the pano in full after the nadir has been fixed will be a nice extra for ptp.. I would like to use the images for web images or print.. If I have to edit so close to the edges, I would copy the nadir cube face, use a large bend eraser, and take out as much as I could from the inner area without removing any of the outer edge... Then merge it to the edited cube face ensuring the edges have not been edited in any way..

But we all have our ways of doing things... emm... it looks like it will only get to 22c today.. I hate the cold... ;((

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 am 

Ed - "....if you have PTP you will also have a license to KRPANO....now that contains two complementary droplets (.bat scripts).....convert sphere to cube and convert cube to sphere.....these are important tools."

I do have a PTP licnese, this entitles me to a KRPANO license as well? This is fantastic! Do I need to know any secrets or is this advertised on the site? I'm off to KRPANO to find out.

Thank you all for your expertise and insight.

Hans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 am 

Here's my first production 360. You will see some of the seams in the bedroom 360's.

http://www.kahi-hauoli.com/KahiHauoli.html

This house is still for sale if anyone has spare US$12,000,000 lying around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 am 

HawaiiHans wrote:
Here's my first production 360. You will see some of the seams in the bedroom 360's.

http://www.kahi-hauoli.com/KahiHauoli.html

This house is still for sale if anyone has spare US$12,000,000 lying around.

This is one of the vary rare panos which are photographed quite appealingly. Ok - some tonemapping (in Photomatixing i bet) is a bit too much (and i definitely would correct that) and some minor stitch-errors wouldn´t bother me - but in my eyes it´s quite well done.

Photomatix is a great tool - but should be used rather carefully . . ;):cool:

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm 

You are far too fussy Ed.. This is a nice pano tour.. Not much wrong at all.. just a few small easy fix bits but not the end of the word..

Well done.. Love it..

Destiny..

Last edited by Destiny on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.