Lock Pan tool movement to X or Y axis while holding SHIFT  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
infinityspiral

Lock Pan tool movement to X or Y axis while holding SHIFT

by infinityspiral » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:31 pm

In Photoshop/Illustrator/etc it's common to move an image along only the X or Y axis if SHIFT is being held down. When I edit a Panorama, a frequent adjustment I make is just to pan the image left or right to adjust the composition. Without being able to lock the axis though I usually end up with an wavy panorama that takes additionally nudges to get everything back into a straight line again. It's be much faster to grab one side, hold down SHIFT then drag left or right so that the wave effect doesn't occur.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 pm

infinityspiral wrote:In Photoshop/Illustrator/etc it's common to move an image along only the X or Y axis if SHIFT is being held down. When I edit a Panorama, a frequent adjustment I make is just to pan the image left or right to adjust the composition. Without being able to lock the axis though I usually end up with an wavy panorama that takes additionally nudges to get everything back into a straight line again. It's be much faster to grab one side, hold down SHIFT then drag left or right so that the wave effect doesn't occur.

Try setting the grid to display in the Editor and then use the centre point tool to pan the image along the horizon line.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Is is available in autopano v3 alpha 1 ( not really well done in fact, it has been improved for alpha 2 ).

Return to Autopano future