option to not stitch single stack  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
foundation

option to not stitch single stack

by foundation » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm

When using Browse folder I often find I need to go through and clean out groups of images that aren't panoramas.
For images that are a single stack, it'd be nice to be able to set a preference to not stitch those (also when a panorama is detected in a big group, where images are only from a single stack).

example 1:
group consists of
StandAloneHDRStack1

example 2:
group consists of

PanoStack1 PanoStack2 PanoStack3 StandAloneHDRStack1

it'd be nice when it finds 2 panoramas (PanoStack1,2,3 (9 images) and StandAloneHDRStack1 (3 images)) to not have it take up the resources of building preview.

I do like the ability to stitch stacks (your alignment works much better than HDR programs) I often don't want to do it.

Thanks!

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Issue 1442 opened

no avatar
foundation

by foundation » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:11 pm

while the browse folder, minimum number in a group option helps with this, it doesn't help where a group has a bracketed set along with other photos (so it meets minimum number for a group).
example:
I set minimum images for group to 4 to it doesn't look at a 3 image bracketed set by itself, but if I have a group:
stack 1,2,3
stack 4,5,6
it will stitch both of those as a panorama (which granted is useful for aligning handheld hdrs)
but it would be great to have a preference to tell it don't stitch if all images are in the same stack

Thanks for so open to suggestions here on the forum!

no avatar
Akash98177

by Akash98177 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am

I think when a panorama is detected in a big group, where images are only from a single stack.

Return to Autopano future