Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:51 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
and the PC/Mac versions are multires up to about 10000 pixels I guess

actually up to 35000 resp. 84000px . . :cool: http://360impressions.de/Wuppertal/ 2nd node is 4Gigapixel.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
One disadvantage to this method.....you can't use a single .swf.......which means you have to use encryption or other means of protection to protect your sources....and your work from prying eyes. Now with a "tour" like yours, that is no worry....since most if not all of the XML is ,standard generated. If you however have programmed a working elevator, with sliding doors, and changing radar maps and that kind (more intricate programming) you would like to protect it from prying eyes. So an open .xml is not a really attractive option.....gonna look into that.....tomorrow.

Greets, Ed.

Well - to be honest: we don´t like maps, radar and firlefanz at all. And the real challenge is not stitching or editing xml . . . . it´s the photography ;):cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
Well - to be honest: we don´t like maps, radar and firlefanz at all. And the real challenge is not stitching or editing xml . . . . it´s the photography

Well, to be honest......you wouldn't have a clue how to start programming......so your lucky in that department, but believe me, clients like it.....they like it a lot.....because some want to transmit information in a tour.....not just pictures. Because pictures of building sites......even deep zoom pictures in the end, well are still boring pictures of building sites. But if you would offer them with content.....for instance add an image of the finnished building from Autocad in the picture and have a pano of the future....well, that can be done.....using a 3D suite like Blender and mimmicing the real life camera position with a virtual on.....then adding the cube faces to the Blender world....and shooting an new pano in Blender....now that is sellable stuff Klaus....that is the future of VR......not just pretty pictures. At least that is how I see it. And photographers well, they don't belong in that world at all......like dinosaurs.....in need of a comet.

Greets, Ed

Right - i´m not a programmer but a photographer. Watch carefully! :D:cool: : http://koebogen.info/impressionen/ But you need to find the clients first . . . :cool:

You´re wrong in a one point: photographers often become directors, DOP, ADs and supervisors for 3D projects - as well as making backplates and spheres for 3D, IBL and so on.
Don´t know how much you are in mediaproduction on the level of advertising agencies!?

Blender definitely is ok - but we use Maya, Max, Rhino, Maxwell Renderer or Cinema4D and some others.

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
actually up to 35000 resp. 84000px . . cool http://360impressions.de/Wuppertal/ 2nd node is 4Gigapixel.

Bullshit and bigtime bullshit as well, you talk the truth and lie at the same time. Youre El Geco has cubefaces of 3183 pixels as youre .xml shows ever so clearly......top level tiledimagewidth=3183, does that ring a bell, my freind. Now youre pano of the Wuppertal hall is a bit bigger.....indeed....but that was frankly not what we were discussing, were we?

They have pills for that i hope . . . :cool:

Here´s what i responded to:

Artisan S. wrote:
and the PC/Mac versions are multires up to about 10000 pixels I guess

actually up to 35000 resp. 84000px . . :cool: http://360impressions.de/Wuppertal/ 2nd node is 4Gigapixel.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:29 am 

Artisan S. wrote:
I was refering to the El Greco test pano.....that is 3183 pixels wide. And why I was referring to that pano, because you asked me to look at it......in this post:

Maybe you could argue a bit more precise . . . It´s quite logic that GrecoPan pano can´t be 86000px and 35000px . . . .

ok - let it stop here.

best to you, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 am 

Artisan S. wrote:
but honnestly, if you would have delivered that to me as being your client....you would be in some conciderable trouble Klaus...since I do care about ghosts and stitch errors

Talking is easier than acting, Ed. Show me one of your 700MPx resp. 3 GPx panos which you shot on a construction site where everything was in movement. Did you ever do it?
No - i´m absolutely sure. Would you havce done it you´d not be arguing this kind.

Better don´t have a big mouth about things you didn´t ever do yourselves and stick to your heroes . . :rolleyes:

best, Klaus

E. O. D.

Last edited by klausesser on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 am 

Artisan S. wrote:
but hey call me a pedantic perfectionist who slaves about for half a day removing half cows from a pano by selectively pushing cowparts into the alpha layer spread out over 24 pictures (of 180 making a circular pano of 60000 x 11000 pixels), making pano after pano, untill all cows are either absent or complete and no half cows are grazing in a maedow.

stop talking hot air - show your most elaborated work, perfectionist :rolleyes::cool:

Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:48 pm 

Artisan S. wrote:
Maybe you could argue a bit more precise . . . It´s quite logic that GrecoPan pano can´t be 86000px and 35000px . . . .

Well, another fact of life you have to agree on.....that is 3 (in 24 hours). And well Klaus in post 38 you asked me to take a look at GrecoTest again....I did....I even installed a few extra browsers to check it's behaviour in all. Now is that nice or what....Then I told you in post 39 and 40 that a: in 39 it (refering to GrecoTest of course) worked in all browsers.

I know. But that´s not the issue. The issue was showing it on the new iPad. Again: we build our tours for desktop AND tablets. For that reason we need to to show it as multires on desktops and as tablet-faces on tablets.
THAT IS what it´s all about. The desktop-version is multires and it runs very well in all browsers (at least on Macs) - which never was in question.

We do 10000x5000 or 15000x7500 for average panos/tours and we do 35000 and 86000px width for some other panos and tours and we do more for another other panos/tours.

In ALL cases we need to have compatibility to iPads and other tablets. The problem occurs with the NEW iPad - here it´s very obviously loosing quality.

On iPads multires doesn´t work at all of course. So finding an optimal size for the tablet faces is the point - which might be related to Retinas on Macs too, i must check.

THAT was the point in all my postings.

Klaus