feature request: Color only manual controlpoints!  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
KreAture

feature request: Color only manual controlpoints!

by KreAture » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 pm

I notice that a lot of my pictures have issues with blending in sky. Since there is no detail there is nothing to place keypoints on.
Using hard anchors doesn't seem to work well.
Placing normal manual keypoints will cause warping, but what if one could place color-keypoints ?
Just to link color hue of a image at a spot to one in another image?
Or a special blend-anchor to say that these images should really blend perfectly?

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:52 am

I didn't really understand your idea. Blending has nothing to do with color correction ...
Let's perhaps address the real issue here : can you show here ( or privately ) the blending issue you have ?

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 pm

KreAture wrote:I notice that a lot of my pictures have issues with blending in sky. Since there is no detail there is nothing to place keypoints on.

The only way to handle this fluently is using a head which writes xml files for positioning those featureless images. Thanks to Alexandre´s help even i understood the procedere to use it adaequatly in the meantime . . . :P:cool:

Years ago i found a workaround for shooting indoors with white walls: i sticked small dots onto the walls - that helped a lot! Now i use the head´s xml for those cases also.

If you use a very precise manual head and always fixed camera/lens mount you also can make a template - which assumes images always to be in the exact same position. For featureless sky-images that works very well.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
KreAture

by KreAture » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:38 pm

I use a head with xml, and I have rechecked that the angular data is correct. It still misaligns the un-linkable images by a small fraction.
The issue appears between every image if there is a sideways gradient in the sky. (left/right brightness gradient etc.)
I will uppload an example later. Right now I need to catch a train :)

Return to Autopano future