Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Panning tool...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 71
Location: UK, In NZ
Can we please have a tool that allows us to pan left/right by dragging (for a 360° pano). Like the GPU move tool, but with the vertical locked...
This will make centring composition dead easy and won't bugger up any straightening we've fought to achieve ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13860
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
CheeseAndJamSandwich wrote:
Can we please have a tool that allows us to pan left/right by dragging (for a 360° pano). Like the GPU move tool, but with the vertical locked...
This will make centring composition dead easy and won't bugger up any straightening we've fought to achieve ;)

I find it quite easy to use the Vanishing point tool to do this:



_________________
Andrew Stephens
Nikon D40, Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye, Sigma 8mm f3.5 fisheye, Nikkor 18-55/50/35mm lenses, Nodal Ninja 5 Lite, Nodal Ninja 4 with R-D16, Agno's MrotatorTCS short.
Nikon P5100, CP5000, CP995, FC-E8, WC-E63,WC-E68, TC-E2, Kaidan Kiwi 995, Bophoto pano bracket, Agno's MrotatorA.
Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:32 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 71
Location: UK, In NZ
mediavets wrote:
CheeseAndJamSandwich wrote:
Can we please have a tool that allows us to pan left/right by dragging (for a 360° pano). Like the GPU move tool, but with the vertical locked...
This will make centring composition dead easy and won't bugger up any straightening we've fought to achieve ;)

I find it quite easy to use the Vanishing point tool to do this:

Yeah, that's the current method.

But that can alter the straightness of the pano... Also it jumps to the next 'centre' point.

I would like a tool where i can drag it, with the vertical locked, so i can see when it looks best.

This is the simplest, easiest way of choosing the 'centre' of you pano.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:39 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Posts: 69
I would agree, a tool to drag in alignment would be great. Horizontal would be one case. Vertical could be useful. And dragging in perfect alignment with other angles, or vectors related to the image geometry (e.g. the exact diagonal to a corner) would be good. Adding to that the ability to do it in single pixel increments would also be nice.

I'm just a perfectionist for things like that. I'd prefer typing in numbers know I'm getting something exact, instead of manipulating it in a WYSIWYG setup that looks good, but leaves fine gaps or errors I could not see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:05 am 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 5900
Location: Francin, France
To CheeseAndJamSandwich : it seems that we did that or were about to do it. In GPU pano move mode, use "shift key" to lock one direction. It works on panorama and pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Posts: 71
Location: UK, In NZ
AlexandreJ wrote:
To CheeseAndJamSandwich : it seems that we did that or were about to do it. In GPU pano move mode, use "shift key" to lock one direction. It works on panorama and pictures.

:) Yep, that works great!

But it seems like 'hidden functionality' at the moment... And, for me at least, it seems like one of the most common actions i do with ALL panos... Usually by using the centring tool then auto-level, repeatedly...

...so could we have a button for this? Say a button like the Move, but with just the left/right arrows instead of all 4. And have it on the main toolbar.
I thinky my use of the vanishing point tool with drop to almost zero then!

Cheers for this heads up tho ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 am 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 5900
Location: Francin, France
Let's open a feature request for that : issue 1200


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group