Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: dual processor support
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:51 pm 

Hi. I tried your sw and it seems to work really great.
I made a comparison render with Pxxxi full of great plugins and AUTOPANO seems clearly better BUT:

1-I have a Pentium 4 Dual Core 2,8ghz + 4gb ram 533dc HD sata-2 raid, and if I look at the task manager, even in the most heavy operations, it seems to work just one of the pipelines. The maximum cpu's peak is 55% while on multithreading-enabled appz it's 100% period. Do you plan to enable the multi-threading support? It will speed up a lot the whole thing. It might not be that difficolt - even if adobe doesn't care about this. Neat Image, for example has this feature and it's really time-saving.
2- even the refresh is very slow when you change stgh like colors or geometries. The undos are slow...
3 - if I export the file 2 ptgui, does AUTOPANO correct the colors too?
4- are you planning to render separate cubic faces for spherical VRs?
5- any other interpolators like lanczos 1024?
6- control point editor? Noone is perfect... ;-)
6- could you provide a lens zoom like ptgui for setting the vertical lines? It's hard to find the correct lines without having a bigger resolution for the preview - aka losing 1 minute to have it.
7- PLEASE THINK ABOUT A BATCH RENDERING OPTIONS!!! I need it!
8- probably I'm asking sci-fi but a network rendering would be great. I use it with 7 cpus on a gigabit LAN for 3d's and for batch processing it will be surely a GREAT timesaving feature.

thanks, regards

Fabrizio Nannini

www.vrprofx.com

www.vrprofx.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:07 pm 
Administrator

1- The software is already multithreaded, but in another way that the one you are describing. You can in fact launch two rendering and each use a processor. Anyway, we'll also add the support for more than one processor for a single rendering.
2- Hum, that's heavy math, even if it could be improved a little. My models are far beyond what PanoTools is doing.
3- No.
4- Yes.
5- Yes. But in fact, you don't need such a high end interpolators as I'm doing an internal subpixel antiliasing which make the need of such interpolator obsolete (That's not the case with Panotools products).
6- Planned.

7, 8- Batch rendering and network rendering will be part of another version of the product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:13 pm 

my god... a reply in 16 min! Got a quad-quad processor brains? :-) Thank you Alex!!

>> 7, 8- Batch rendering and network rendering will be part of another version of the product.

hope it will come very soon. In each job I do from 6 to 15 panos, timesaving it's really important (with quality, yep!)

great. I got all the answers. Gonna buy it 4 the next job - next week hopefully :-)

thanks really a lot

regards,

Fabrizio Nannini

www.vrprofx.com

www.vrprofx.com