Open with... in ctrl_points editor  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
HansKeesom

Open with... in ctrl_points editor

by HansKeesom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:44 pm

In the editor I do a lot of adjusting. I also check for ghosts. Autopano had no masking option so i have to do so in photoshop. no problem but i would like to open a file directly from the ctrl points editor. So the richt mouse click menu´s in the graphical editor that now show `local geometric analysis`etc. should also show a `open with` option.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:58 am

why not having instead an option like in photomatix...
... in the editor mark an area of choice right mouse click and say its a ghost...
and autopano is doing the job.

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 am

As the masking is one of the big feature of next engine, I'll soon propose to everyone to tell us how you would see this feature implemented.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:20 pm

for me it is enough to have the open with options. It will allow me all photoshop functions to be used. Don't want to ask kolor to write all that code into autopano.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:59 pm

photoshop is expensive and only for professionists.
and photoshop as any other external image editor you want to let the job do does not know about overlapping areas where the ghosts take place... so you've to review each images several times... so for all working with hundrets of images (I will have here no focus on gigapixels, my last top plant macro pano had more than 1000 images...) and using HDR/stacking images would make the job for photoshop solution even more horror....

Georg

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:44 pm

yes I know, but any other graphical programm can be started using an "Open with" action and it will be easier to implement so sooner to have then masking functionality. And sometimes there is more then just masking that you want to do in the external editor.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
Odyssey62

by Odyssey62 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:23 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:As the masking is one of the big feature of next engine, I'll soon propose to everyone to tell us how you would see this feature implemented.

One of the necessary features would be to be able to "copy" masks automatically in case of bracketed images to the group of 3 or 5 of them.

Return to Autopano future