Saving imported cube face back to tif file  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Pro / Giga is very community driven.
no avatar
HansKeesom

Saving imported cube face back to tif file

by HansKeesom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

i use APG to generate panoramas in tiff format.
I load these tiff´s into panotour. If I need to do some editing I export cubic faces.
I do the editing in photoshop
I then import the cube face back into panotour.
A new panorama shows in panotour.

I would like to be able to
.....import the cubic faces to replace an existing panorama, keeping any hotspot etc that is on it or links to it.
.....save the resulting panorama back into a tiff file so I can use the repaired panorama in other tours also.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 pm

I subscribe this request (once more). Hope saving the resulting pano again will be implemented!
meanwhile... ptp users can export the krpano license...
... with krpanotools the cubefaces can be pasted to a pano and this pano than can be reused with ptp (give it the same name and you can reuse the ptp project file with all hotspots etc....)

Georg

no avatar
DMA

by DMA » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 am

I would also love to see this feature (Exporting of Panoramas from PanoTour that were imported cube faces).

no avatar
jbanuelos

by jbanuelos » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:39 pm

I to would like to have this option of saving a cube faces back to one (1) Panorama file after I have done editing on it.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:41 pm

jbanuelos wrote:I to would like to have this option of saving a cube faces back to one (1) Panorama file after I have done editing on it.

If you have Panotour Pro then I believe you can use krpanotools with your exported krpano licence to do this conversion in both directions.
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Andrew,

as I stated "years" ;) ago above this job can be done with krpano and the exported krpano license...
... but finally the idea is to enhance the panotour with good and usefull and simple options which reduce the workflow and dont forget... for the mac users this way with the krpanotools is a oneway, but from wrong side... krpanotools are pc only.

so when i can export the cubefaces it cant be so much work to implement the other way round that when imported cubefaces an export of a fullsphere images can be done.
the support for this demand seems not to be a one day fly... so please put it on the 3.0 roadmap :rolleyes:

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

no avatar
Jeremiah

by Jeremiah » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Georg, I'm on a mac, and I have used the krpanotools to convert equirectangular to cube faces and then back again.
I have not checked to see if every feature of the krpanotools are available on the mac, but at least some of them are.

Which is not to say that I think Panotour shouldn't add this feature.
Like you, I have requested it in the past, and would love to see it become available.

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Georg, I'm on a mac, and I have used the krpanotools to convert equirectangular to cube faces and then back again.
I have not checked to see if every feature of the krpanotools are available on the mac, but at least some of them are.

Which is not to say that I think Panotour shouldn't add this feature.
Like you, I have requested it in the past, and would love to see it become available.

ok - thanks for correction - good to know that plan B is working also on Mac and I'm wrong ;-)
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Autopano future