Batch Merge GoPro Files  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
ThomasG

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Batch Merge GoPro Files

by ThomasG » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:42 am

Hi,

I'm currently editing a project that has shots of 30+ minutes @ 2.7k. That means 3-4 video files per shot. All these files need to be merged. We can do that with the 'Video files merger' tool that comes with APV.

Unfortunately, we can only merge one shot at a time. That means I have to be at my computer constantly, waiting for GoPro 1, shot 1 to be merged. Then I do GoPro 1, shot 2, etc., until GoPro 6, shot x. It costs me about a day, which seems silly.

I would love it if I can just batch merge all the files at once. I don't mind having to set it up manually the way I do it now, but then I would like to press the 'Merge' button and leave it working overnight. It would save me a LOT of time! ;)

Kind regards,
Thomas

Amidee

Liked in: 30 posts
Info

Re: Batch Merge GoPro Files

by Amidee » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Best solution is to make a bash script to do ffmpeg in order to convert to transport stream and then merge everything
I asked for a better merging tool in AVP some one year and a half ago so don't hold your breath...

no avatar
ThomasG

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Batch Merge GoPro Files

by ThomasG » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi Amidee,

Thanks for your reply. Your solution looks a bit complicated to me, can you point me to a resource to figure out how to do it?

Shame that the team haven't replied to your request.

~Thomas