Auto-stereo settings based on file names  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
no avatar
Mr360

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Auto-stereo settings based on file names

by Mr360 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:45 pm

Please forgive if this has been suggested, I'm new here ;)

I, and I'm sure many people, use a naming convention on their files. Ex: I use 'Left_01' and 'Right_06' in my file names. I'm doing 13-camera 3D 360, so there's also an 'Up' camera, with file name containing 'Up'

So, an OPTION would be nice, to look for substrings like 'left', 'right', 'up' 'down' etc. and automatically select 'left only' 'right only' 'both' etc. in the Stereo settings.

I understand everyone is different, so this might take a configuration page where the substrings are specified (can be for different languages to map to 'left' and 'right' for example. Option to ignore case. Things like that. This would knock a minute or two off my process, which, when I have 100 clips to process, is a couple of hours just to set these stereo settings.

thanks

no avatar
Skaven252

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Re: Auto-stereo settings based on file names

by Skaven252 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:07 am

As different people use different naming coventions it could get tricky. But it could also be helpful if the stereo menu's footage list would allow you to select multiple clips with Ctrl-click and then simultaneously set all their modes at once?