8K/h265  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it.
Amidee

Topic author
Liked in: 30 posts
Info

Re: 8K/h265

by Amidee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:28 pm

klausesser wrote:Well . . . this is a FORUM. FORUMS exists to share opinions and experiences.

You are not sharing anything as you're simply telling your view (not your experiences) without even caring for the other's.

(edited by moderator)

Since I'm fed up with your take about how my output will never gain anything from the extra resolution, I'll put an end to your point in one single image:

http://i.imgur.com/C2k61dg.png (← click it so you can see it at full res)

come tell me (destiny, you too please since you weighted into this issue too) with a straight face that there's no detail that I can use from the extra resolution. I dare you. Double dare you.

(edit: if what you're seeing is not self-explicatory enough, it's two uncompressed frame renders one at 4K one at 8K of the first footage I could find on my hard disks - not even by far the best one. Even the worst one, cropped at one of its edges, can show you how much room I still have at the bottom. Also, all that extra detail count a whole damn lot when viewed in a virtual reality headset)

btw: I work for the advertising industry and they ask me a crapton of 360 videos.
Last edited by Amidee on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

psatter likes this post.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

Re: 8K/h265

by klausesser » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Good Lord, Amidee - you definitely didn´t understand a word from what i wrote . . .

Klaus

Previous