Command Line Interface?  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Video is very community driven.
no avatar
fixer

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Command Line Interface?

by fixer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:48 am

Is there any way to call AVP from the command line if a kava file is already made & render presets are saved? This would be one element in enabling a renderfarm or at least time shifting the renders to a certain time on certain machines via cron jobs

no avatar
UVU360

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: Command Line Interface?

by UVU360 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:39 am

Hi Fixer

I basically was wondering the same thing in a post I sent out about a half our ago. It would be a game changer if we could get this working on a render farm.

no avatar
fixer

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by fixer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:59 pm

Yep, I saw your post and thought I'd ask the question slightly differently to see if they had responses either way

no avatar
UVU360

Info

by UVU360 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

Ok cool. Well lets keep asking the same question as many ways as possible. maybe we will break the silence... Seems like a fairly important question to me. :/

fixer likes this post.

Annis
Kolor Team

Liked in: 20 posts
Info

by Annis » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Sorry for the delay, Martin is away.

Your suggestions and requests have been forwarded to the developers, who have informed me that improvements on the batch rendering are already under consideration, so your topics have been noted as feature requests.

At the moment, there is no command line interface, the batch renderer is quite basic.

UVU360 likes this post.

Amidee

Liked in: 3 posts
Info

by Amidee » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:16 pm

Annis,
+1 for command line interface; at least give us the option to load into the batch renderer files without having to load them every time.
It takes me over half an hour to load maybe 17 jobs into the batch renderer and it is completely unnecessary!! (:

2 people like this post.

no avatar
UVU360

Info

by UVU360 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Annis wrote:Sorry for the delay, Martin is away.

Your suggestions and requests have been forwarded to the developers, who have informed me that improvements on the batch rendering are already under consideration, so your topics have been noted as feature requests.

At the moment, there is no command line interface, the batch renderer is quite basic.

Thank you Annis. I heard it rumored yoiu can run one job on multiple machines or possible one machine with more than one graphics card to render on. Any truth to that?

Return to Autopano Video Future