Samsung Gear 360 camera support  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Video is very community driven.
no avatar
OpusMcN

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Samsung Gear 360 camera support

by OpusMcN » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:20 am

Hi,

Support for video from the Samsung Gear 360 camera would be great. The video comes in as a single file with the front/back views side by side, and 190-ish degree FOV on each camera. Cropping out the each video is a pain, and the stitching doesn't handle the back-to-back videos particularly well. The software included in with the Gear 360 is pretty primitive and slow (no stabilize, no color correction), being able to do better stitching on these would be a fine thing.

Cheers,

Craig

(I can provide sample videos if needed)

cam64 likes this post.

Destiny

Liked in: 120 posts
Info

Re: Samsung Gear 360 camera support

by Destiny » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:50 am

Hi.. Sad to say, Kolor are not really Kolor anymore.. They are K-GoPro.. So, the question is.. why would they support a competitor..?? Personally, i feel the talents in Kolor will be far too restricted to just supporting the GoPro since Kolor are owned by GoPro.. Personally, i would not even buy a GoPro camera since the only option would be to spend heaps and heaps of money for a bunch of cameras and a rig that can never be perfect.. Other options will arrive, including the Samsung, but sad to say that mob might not have the same skills Kolor techs have.. So they might not be able to develop a Video App which can output a quality video.. I also feel that unless GoPro pull a decent option out of their hat, other mobs like Nikon and Samsung will take over the Action Camera market leaving GoPro wondering where their market share went....

Destiny...

no avatar
cam64

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by cam64 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:41 am

I second this feature request. It would be especially useful to have an option to import dual fisheye lens videos (as generated by the Gear 360 or Theta S) directly into Autopano Video without having to manualy seperate them first.

Regarding the GoPro thing: as paying customers we also have the right to request support for other products.

signmaster

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by signmaster » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 am

The GoPro option appears to have the best quality output by a big margin.
Steve