Feature Request: Batch Render Queue Window  

Got some great idea or a feature request? Post it here and discuss it. The most requested concepts are usually implemented, as Autopano Video is very community driven.
jasonfletcher

Feature Request: Batch Render Queue Window

by jasonfletcher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:56 am

I've been working with Autopano Video Pro quite a bit recently for a planetarium production. I've been doing many tests with the 360heros H3Pro10HD and then stitching at 8000x4000px.

But I've been finding myself wishing for some essential features.
--- A batch render window with an editable queue. Just like in Autopano Giga.
--- The ability to add a project to the batch render queue without needing to open the project. It recently took me 20 minutes just to open and queue up 10 autopano video projects into the batch render queue. I'm working at 8000x4000px so it can frustrating to open up each project, render a preview, and submit it to the batch render queue.
--- Batch render log data. I need to see how long each render is taking and if there were any errors. I would preferably like to just see this info in a window prompt when the whole batch is finished.
--- The custom render file location is ignored when rendering to frames. It only places mp4's to that location.

Also, just to share some render stats for those interested. (H3Pro10HD = 10 GoPro Hero3+ camera's recording at 2.7k resolution)
--- CPU: 0.05 render fps - taking about 12 hours to render 1m 30s of video.
--- GPU: 1.5 render fps - taking about 1 hour to render 1m 30s of video. (Nvidia GeForce GTX 770)
Jason Fletcher
Science Visualizer
Charles Hayden Planetarium
http://www.thefulldomeblog.com

jasonfletcher

Re: Feature Request: Batch Render Queue Window

by jasonfletcher » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Another feature requests:

--- The ability to add a custom filename prefix when rendering to frames. This is essential in order to keep track of different test versions directly in the frames filenames.
Jason Fletcher
Science Visualizer
Charles Hayden Planetarium
http://www.thefulldomeblog.com

Return to Autopano Video future