WTF?  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Video bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
Tim Baier

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

WTF?

by Tim Baier » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Where's That Frame?

Apart from suggesting to update nvidia drivers, Kolor aren't bothering to reply to very serious issues I've raise in another thread...
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=32119

So, if you are a pro user (or just somebody who appreciates getting out what you put in) and have issues with stuttering motion on your Autopano Video renders, you'll probably find that frames from random cameras have been duplicated, triplicated and skipped. Running the same render twice can give different results!

The "solution" is to keep trying new computers with different hardware configurations, or maybe switch out the graphics card until you find one that doesn't trip up. 3rd machine worked for me and gave an opportunity to QC a render from a GTX980m and conclude that MORE THAN HALF of the frames had ended up at the wrong place on the timeline. It's a dog's breakfast.

Rendering stereo views individually additionally results in them slipping in and out of sync by up to FIVE frames!

Even that third machine doesn't give a consistent stitch when you change output format.

It seems Kolor are clueless about the root cause of the problem.

1. Asus GTX980m Windows 10 laptop - abysmal results
2. GTX980 Window 7 desktop - not as bad but still unusable
3. Quadro 4000 Windows 7 desktop - seems ok apart from cineform vs tiff stitch difference appearing on frames >=2000

Boy am I happy CARA VR is around!

T

Rami
Kolor Team

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: WTF?

by Rami » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Tim,

As you know, software development is an ongoing work and bugs happen. We'd like to reassure you that we're working on this one, which is quite complex. The latest beta 2 addresses part of the issue and we're still working on it to provide a fix. I know it's frustrating; thanks for your patience.

Rami

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 pm

That bug is complex, and is located in nvidia drivers. Depending drivers version, sometimes we have it, the next time, it is gone. It is a bit of a pain just to proof each drivers for correctness. We have no issues with AMD ...
Note: a good workaround is to use "gpu sync" mode only, which can be slower ( not always ) and you won't have frame drops on some nvidia/gpu drivers combinaison.

no avatar
Tim Baier

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Tim Baier » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Very useful info to know. Thank you!

AVP is a useful tool to have in the pipeline - I'll recommend purchase of an AMD card.