No resize possible :(  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Video bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

No resize possible :(

by vincen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:04 am

Linux Ubuntu 14.04, AVP 2.2.0 Final

Impossible to move the separation bar between the Video sources window and the Preview Window :(

Bar between timeline and rest of app can move without problem !

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

ClaireM

Liked in: 36 posts
Info

Re: No resize possible :(

by ClaireM » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:00 am

Hi Vincen,

Some of us have a similar OS than yours, however, none of us can reproduce the bug you're talking about (I mean moving the separation bar always works on our computers). Can you give us some more details : is it related to a specific project? Does it work after restarting the app? Did you use some specific display setup?

Best,

Claire

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Topic author
Info

by vincen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:14 am

ClaireM wrote:Some of us have a similar OS than yours, however, none of us can reproduce the bug you're talking about (I mean moving the separation bar always works on our computers). Can you give us some more details : is it related to a specific project? Does it work after restarting the app? Did you use some specific display setup?

Hi Claire

I noticed the problem just after updating APV to latest release 2.2.0 (I was previously with the RC3). Now I restarted APV, opened my project and bug is different, I can move the vertical separation but only if I click on the dark line and cursor doesn't change to indicate it's movable, and now it's the horizontal one I can't move !
I have changed nothing in my setup recently. I tried with an other project and with this one I can move both separators by clicking on the dark loni and cursor doesn't change.
I attach just in case both kava files if it can help.

Also the Kava files are not associated with APV in Linux, same issue as KPT files that are not associated with PTP, pano files are well associated with APG !

dmc.video.kava.zip
DMC
(198.13 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

ClaireM

Info

by ClaireM » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:45 am

Hi Vincen,

I will take a look at your issue later.

As for the Kava Files that are not associated with AVP on linux, it should come out pretty soon.

Best,

Claire

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Topic author
Info

by vincen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:47 am

ClaireM wrote:As for the Kava Files that are not associated with AVP on linux, it should come out pretty soon.

:)

ClaireM

Info

by ClaireM » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Ok so quick update :

--> I cannot reproduce your bug about resizing (it works fine on my linux).
--> As for the Kava Files that are not associated with AVP on linux, it should work in the next release. (I don't know about PTP however).

Best,

Claire

ClaireM

Info

by ClaireM » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Ok so quick update :

--> I cannot reproduce your bug about resizing (it works fine on my Ubuntu 14.04) is it also the version you are using?
--> As for the Kava Files that are not associated with AVP on linux, it should work in the next release. (I don't know about PTP however).

Best,

Claire

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Topic author
Info

by vincen » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:30 am

ClaireM wrote:--> I cannot reproduce your bug about resizing (it works fine on my Ubuntu 14.04) is it also the version you are using?

Bug still present en 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 14.04. See attached screen capture ! I start AVP, import few videos, then go for synchronisation and see how it opens (half cut, so I want to move the vertical split bar but impossible unless the cursor changes to indicate it's resizable on vertical ! Resolution of screen: 2560 x 1440
avp-resize.png
Bug vertical split bar not moving

ClaireM wrote:--> As for the Kava Files that are not associated with AVP on linux, it should work in the next release. (I don't know about PTP however).

I confirm it works fine with latest 2.2.2 update ;)

ClaireM

Info

by ClaireM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Vincen,

I tried earlier unfortunately, resizing works fine on our linux systems.
Few more questions :
-> Does this only occurs on the synchronization pannel?
-> Can you try to switch to english language for instance, restart AVP and let me know if the problem is still here?
-> Did you set some special qt settings on your computer? (with qt-config for instance?)

NOTE : the workaround here is :
either you use the scroll bar at the bottom (which is painful I admit)
or you can make use the icon on the left of the close icon of the panel to detach the synchronisation window from the rest of the UI and resize it easily.

Best,

Claire.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Topic author
Info

by vincen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 am

ClaireM wrote:-> Does this only occurs on the synchronization pannel?

nope same with all panels :(

ClaireM wrote:-> Can you try to switch to english language for instance, restart AVP and let me know if the problem is still here?

absolutely no effect on problem !

ClaireM wrote:-> Did you set some special qt settings on your computer? (with qt-config for instance?)

I don't have that program on my computer and I don't have tweaked any QT settings (I run Unity default desktop of Ubuntu 14.04)

ClaireM wrote:or you can make use the icon on the left of the close icon of the panel to detach the synchronisation window from the rest of the UI and resize it easily.

yep but not very useful :( I'm going to keep it in english for now as due to shorter texts in english the resize issue is less a problem :cool:

ClaireM

Info

by ClaireM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:02 am

And this might sound like a silly question, but this problem appears both when the app is in full screen and when it's not right?

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Topic author
Info

by vincen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:06 am

ClaireM wrote:And this might sound like a silly question, but this problem appears both when the app is in full screen and when it's not right?

just checked and it changes nothing ! full screen or not, main screen or second screen (dual screen computer here)