Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:10 pm 

I haven't yet been able to complete a full batch render queue using AVP 1.5 Beta2. In fact, the queue never gets past the first job.

One of two things happen when batch rendering to fisheye (220 degrees) 1024x1024px MP4:
--- Just after finishing the first render job, it does not continue onto the next queue job. It just stops without any alert message. Although my RAM usage remains maxed out (14.9GB used), yet with no CPU or GPU activity. The resulting rendered video looks fine.
--- Upon finishing the first render job, the batch queue stops and throws an error message: "No video stream available into *path/to/video.mp4*". (one error message for each input video). Occasionally another error message is included: "Decoding Pipeline Error". (I apologize for no screenshot) The resulting rendered video looks fine.

I also noticed that after adding the first project to batch render queue, upon opening a different project the realtime preview pane still shows the first project while the input videos and timeline show files related to the currently opened project. This continues for any further opened projects.

System Specs:
Windows 7 x64
Intel i7 3.5GHz 8-core
GeForce GTX 770
16GB RAM

AVP 1.5 Beta2 x64
APG 3.5 Beta2 x64

http://www.thefulldomeblog.com

Last edited by jasonfletcher on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:04 pm 
Administrator

It can be the same issue that your other post.
Try the gpu "synchrone" mode in application settings. If gpu features used in "asynchrone" mode are not well supported it can create conflicts between decoding of consecutive jobs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:27 pm 

I changed to the GPU synchrone mode, restarted AVP, and submitted a series of batch render jobs. Same problem as before, the first job finishes and does not continue onto the next job. I tried this several times.

Last edited by jasonfletcher on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:58 am 
Administrator

I did not reproduce this issue. Are you adding jobs of same project (different parts) or different projects (different video sources) ? Is it the same if you add 2 jobs only ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm 

I'm adding jobs from different projects (different video sources). I've experienced the same issue if I add only 2 jobs or 3-20 jobs. I'm typically trying to batch render jobs of around 10. So it finishes the first job, keeps the RAM full, but does not continue onto the next queue job.

I realized that there is something that has changed in my workflow (coincidentally as I started using AVP 1.5 beta2). Previously I would have all the video sources and AVP projects on my local computer. But after a recent 360 shoot at NASA Goddard, I now must use the planetarium server host all of the files. So the AVP is now rendering from/to a file server.

I just now tried a test where I copied a few video sources locally, recreated the stitch project from scratch, and submitted a batch render. The batch render was able to finish a full queue. So perhaps the potential file server conflict can help to narrow down your bug hunt.

But this problem is specific to v1.5 Beta2, since I just now tested it in v1.1 and it was able to finish a batch render via the server.

Might be related to this server issue I experienced. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21599&p=138148#p138148

On the same note, it would be extremely helpful to have a batch render editor and queue (one that mimics APG). Part of the problem is that I have no idea exactly when a render queue is finished; how many jobs are left. I know you're in the beta stages but this is essential. I have 57 shots (900GB) with a resolution of 8000x4000px, so individually loading 10 projects to batch render and submitting the jobs is taking alot of time.

Last edited by jasonfletcher on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:40 am 
Administrator

I open an issue to check what is done with networkfile (issue 3319)
In other thread, I said that map network disk can help in some situations. If you are directly working on network files, you can try if it works with files on mapped disk.

It's not planned yet, but we know that batch mode has to be improved. (may be something like stand alone application which renders project files)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 pm 

I can confirm that this has been completely fixed in Autopano Video Pro 1.5 RC1. I can now finish a batch render of any size.

Using the "synchrone" gpu mode. I did not need to map a network drive.