Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:35 am 

Hi,

I went to a lego show today and tried to test a 360 video. After someone help me to fix the video horizon, the image in the render preview window was quite OK for the entire 10s of my test. However, when I go ahead for stitching, the resulting video was different to what I saw from the preview window.

at time 00:05, the building was OK in area marked with the purple circle.
http://i.imgbox.com/acdedpEW.jpg

however, when I check the resulting video with VLC player, at the same time spot 00:05, the building was broken as if the left portion of the building remain unchanged for quite some time.
http://i.imgbox.com/aciw26lR.jpg

Any idea how to fix it or was it a bug? thx

Regards,
KC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:39 pm 

Hello,

You indeed have a quite strange result. To find the cause of this result, we might need more information:
Are your input videos synchronized ?
Did you use the synchronization tool ?
If so, did you click on the apply button (and not only the 'update preview' button) ?

You can also try to disable the gpu in the settings to check if it is caused by the gpu algorithms or not.

Regards,
Thomas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:14 pm 

The videos were sync with the audio, and already applied before go stitching. The strange thing was that it was alright on the preview window, which was extracting the right frames from the input videos & stitch according to the reference template. However, the rendered video was not the same. I tried without the GPU mode but the rendered result was no difference. Anyone have the same experience? I just downloaded the beta 4 today. No such problem when using beta 3 some weeks ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:35 am 

Sorry, my bad. I finally found what was going wrong. One of my video frame rate was set incorrectly, where 5 were set at 24fps & 1 set at 48fps. I'm sure I set them all once before start filming, but the gopro sometimes failed to save the setting (especially when saving the resolution & fps). When in the preview window of the AVP, the system draw the correct frame from the input video according to the time requested, so it didn't show any problem when we just preview a shot at a specific frame. However, when in the production of the final rendering, a sequential processing of the frame might have used so the area of the problematic camera was particularly moving "slower" than the rest of the screen.

I use the cineform to adjust the problematic video and the rendering was ok now. I'd suggest AV to add some kind of warning for inconsistent fps (or even auto sync) so we can avoid some long bording rendering which may eventually turn uneless. thanks.

regards,
KC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:45 am 

Ok, thanks for this 'user story'. Adding a such warning or any other solution could save many time !

Regards,
Thomas