Autopano video 3 cannot stitch or preview or edit   [SOLVED] - View the solution

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Video bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
InfinityVideos

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Autopano video 3 cannot stitch or preview or edit

by InfinityVideos » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:39 am

I recently installed autopano video 3 onto our work computer meant for rendering, however the program is having problems previewing as well as just making any attempts at editting, both in video and in giga 4. below is the specs

Processor: intel core i7-5820K CPU @3.30 GHz
Ram: 32gig
System 64bit
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I will also attach examples of what is happening. After performing a stitch with just 2 videos, the screen looks like this

the timeline never appears, only what u see on screen and when I press play on the preview it doesn't actually show anything, but the timer still runs. the program has essentially crashed at this point, and I cannot figure out what is the matter.
Auto Pano video can still render out videos from other saved autopano video files, but I cannot edit or preview the files that I attempt to stitch on this computer.

And then when I press edit it takes me to giga just fine, but when I attempt to open the panorama to edit this happens
Once at this point I need to close the program

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 129 posts
Info

Re: Autopano video 3 cannot stitch or preview or edit

by olivierbo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello,

First of all, be sure you have the very latest NVIDIA PROPRIETARY driver installed (390.65). If so, are you able to start AVP or APG without any other app launched?
Does it happen with all the videos you try to stitch? Did it work before with a previous version of AV (be sure you have removed all previous alpha, beta or RC versions of the software to avoid problems).

Let me know.

Best regards,
Olivier

InfinityVideos likes this post.

no avatar
InfinityVideos

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Autopano video 3 cannot stitch or preview or edit  [SOLVED]

by InfinityVideos » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 am

We appear to have actually solved this. After attempting to update the graphics driver the system crashed and we had one of our techs take a look. After he had it fixed, with the proper graphics update, the program now works. Thank you for getting back to us none the less. But to answer your questions, the programs would not work even if all other apps were closed. This did happen with all videos we tried to stitch, and it did work with the previous version of autopano, 2.6 trial edition i believe (whichever was just before 3.0).

Thank you for your time,
Mark