Cameras Files Falling Out of Sync in Final Render  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Video bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
MikeyMcNulty

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Cameras Files Falling Out of Sync in Final Render

by MikeyMcNulty » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:26 am

This is a Discussion that started on the GoPro Omni Forum with no solution yet::

Hey guys, I am having an issue that the Omni camera's are fully synced in avp(checked with sound clap) and everything looks good throughout the timeline, but when rendered, one or more cameras fall out of sync throughout the video.(all 6 videos from the omni are the exact same length). This has happened on both 8k@30, 4k@60 and movie time laps - in both indoor and outdoor shots, camera moving and not moving. It is random which camera(s) will do it, and I have tried AVP 2.5 & 2.6 with the same outcome of having the files fall out of sync in the exact same spots. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

-Both Omni Importer and creating a AVP project file manually give the same results.
-Render settings are all triple checked.
-Computer settings are checked
-These are all tried on 2 computers both with SSD's in AVP 2.5 and 2.6
-Have tried repeatedly in multiple locations with the same results.

Now here is something different I did try - if I render out only the area that is out of sync, It will completely sync as a normal. This is only when I render the entire clip that it falls out of sync.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 106 posts
Info

Re: Cameras Files Falling Out of Sync in Final Render

by olivierbo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:11 am

Hello,

Omni is synchronized RIG so you do not have to make a clap in order to sync the videos with AVP (if I understood correctly what you explained ;-)
Do you import your videos with Omni Importer without any issue?
Can you share your .kava file and video footages?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier

no avatar
MikeyMcNulty

Topic author
Info

by MikeyMcNulty » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Yes I do understand that the omni rig is synced - however, AVP is not rendering out a synced version, that is why I always clap because either AVP or the Omni has become unreliable which is the issue I am trying to figure out. All files are imported through Omni Importer. If you list your email I will send over all the files from two different instances that this has happened on. My Email is info@mcnultystudios.com for direct contact.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Hello,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue except if the sync issue is what I can see sometimes like a very very short vibration? Have you applied any stabilization?

Olivier

no avatar
MikeyMcNulty

Topic author
Info

by MikeyMcNulty » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Please send me the final rendered file to verify. It seems in 2 of the cameras, while looking at the files of only those cameras, that their are frames that freeze up or are not encoded properly(little bars in the frame changing florescent colors). Would the problem be that the cameras are bad and AVP is getting hung up with the files during final render? (omni was purchased direct from GoPro in the full package.)

no avatar
MikeyMcNulty

Topic author
Info

by MikeyMcNulty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:35 am

Thank you for taking the time Oliver to process these - but both the files you sent me are still out of sync. AVP262-Win falls out of sync at the 18 second mark and AV3-win at the 35 second mark. Any suggestions?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 am

Hi,

Yes, that's what I said in my email. Looks like a small desynchronization. Probably due to the video stream which seems corrupted. Did you apply any stabilization to this part of the video?

Olivier

no avatar
MikeyMcNulty

Topic author
Info

by MikeyMcNulty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

No stabilization is applied to any of the files that where sent to you. So is their a fix for having gopro cameras with a corrupted stream?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm

I do not have any fix except by using stabilization to this part of the video and/or make a manual synchronization. Most of the time, there is just a gap of one or two frames.

Hope this can help.

Best,
Olivier

no avatar
MikeyMcNulty

Topic author
Info

by MikeyMcNulty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 pm

Ok so with the files that I sent you already, could you specifically show me how to fix this issue?

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Info

by olivierbo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Just apply a motion stab to the video (please refer to the documentation to see available options: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... bilization). As I forgot that that was an Omni footage, you cannot sync the videos manually. So, if you have Premiere Pro, you can try to correct that issue. Copy your original videos and work with that copy (It seems that doint that kind of correction will remove all the video metadata). Render your video using Cineform and open it in Premiere. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with Premiere.

Best,
Olivier