Want to buy, but have questions first  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
InfinityVideos

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Want to buy, but have questions first

by InfinityVideos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing Autopano Video for work, but before I did I wanted to make sure the program did what we needed. I've toyed around with the program and the tutorials, but I still haven't found what we needed yet. What we need to do is stitch 2-3 4k camera views into a single image for sports, mostly of racetracks, in as high of quality as possible. We have done some test images, which I will attach, what we need to know right now is how to cut away the excess black so we have as much quality devoted to the image and not black empty space, because we intend on zooming in to follow the cars on the track.

Also we are currently running on a PC with an NVIDIA 750 TI, Intel core 7, and 16 gb of ram. When we try to render the video the autopano video pro (trial version 2.6.2) claims we max out at about 3840 x 1920, despite the program claiming it can go as far as possible. We want to maximize this so we don't lose quality when we zoom in for following the cars.

We would love to purchase this program if it does what we need it to and love to hear back as soon as possible.

Thank you
Attachments
test5.jpeg
C0010.jpeg

no avatar
Skaven252

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Re: Want to buy, but have questions first

by Skaven252 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 am

what we need to know right now is how to cut away the excess black so we have as much quality devoted to the image and not black empty space, because we intend on zooming in to follow the cars on the track

In the Authoring tab's Projection track you can create new states by making a split with the Cutter tool, and then drag transitions between them. Then in the Realtime Preview you can zoom in with the mouse wheel and drag the image to zoom in on a car, then click Apply to apply it to the currently selected state clip. Move further down the timeline as the car passes, create another Projection state clip and drag & zoom onto the car. If you blend the transition from one zoom / pan to anoher right, it should follow the car.

If you want to turn this into a VR180 video, you can use AutoPano Giga to apply a permanent crop to the video to crop it to 180x180 degrees. Then the viewer can look around by themselves, using a VR headset / Google Cardboard etc.

no avatar
Skaven252

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Re: Want to buy, but have questions first

by Skaven252 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:08 am

Side note: if you plan to render a 2D video for normal desktop viewing, with cropped pan/zooms, you may want to use the Planar projection instead of Spherical. You can also morph between projections to create fancy effects.

However AVP does not offer "track this point" functionality like for example After Effects does, which would make it easier to zoom-track the cars.