How do you deal with wind and stabilization?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
kolorstab

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How do you deal with wind and stabilization?

by kolorstab » Mon May 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi

I recently looked at some footage and saw that it was so windy that the monopod was swaying about a little bit. Nothing too drastic but definitely noticable on the video footage.

Does AVP stabilisation deal with this kind of thing? I tried watching a tutorial but it didn't explain things very well for static shots, just when moving.

Here is an example of after having clicked compute motion:

I'm guessing the footage is a bit of a lost cause?

Thanks!

no avatar
louiz0999

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: How do you deal with wind and stabilization?

by louiz0999 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 pm

go to the stabilize tab and try it out
i've delt with worse than what you described

worse case scenario: (BE WARNED, YOU ARE ABOUT TO MAKE A HUGE INVESTMENT ON TIME, MONEY, SOFTWARE, VIRTUAL MEMORY CONFIGURATIONS AND LOTS OF RAM STICKS FOR YOUR COMPUTER) REMEMBER TO USE THIS METHOD ONLY AS A LAST RESORT

stitch your video as it is in autopano, bring the rendered video into after effects and purchase the mettle skybox converter to turn the 360 video into a cube map, once your video becomes a cube map, you must track the motion of the video with the mocha ae plugin which is included in after effects, you will need to purchase lots of expensive RAM sticks and configure your cpu with lots of virtual memory to prevent mocha from crashing since all 3 iterations of mocha are heavily memory intensive, once you finish tracking, paste the tracker in a null object and assign the transform settings of the null object with mettle skybox converter's orientation tools and turn the video back into an equirectangular video
tutorial: https://www.mettle.com/360vr-horizon-st ... and-mocha/