Proper color correcting?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
LBernos

Topic author
Liked in: 7 posts
Info

Proper color correcting?

by LBernos » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:31 am

Hi!

I used the color correction in AVP and APG.. but still the white balance of my video is not correct. Still way off the right color. What can you suggest a good way to color correct?

On my previous videos, what I did was export in APG then import in Premiere Pro and color it. But when I export it in premiere the resolution degrades..

Help?

Kind regards,

LINO :cool:

no avatar
jasonsone

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: Proper color correcting?

by jasonsone » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:32 pm

What cameras are you using? I'm using Kodak PixPro SP360 4K, and while I'm not a fan of the resolution or stitching process, I've never had an issue with white balance or color right out of the camera. I, personally, don't use the color correction in AVP or APG...I used After Effects because it gives me control that I'm more used to using...but with my Kodaks, I rarely have to adjust white balance or color, except for maybe boost the midtone curves.

Also, what are your export settings in Premiere? Are you giving it a high enough bitrate? I export everything at 100000kbps from AVP and AE.

Another question, what preset are you using to export from AVP? I use H.264 4K Cinema, which is pretty descent while also being relatively fast.

Sometimes I feel like I'm walking through a minefield with all of this 360 video stuff...not sure if the next step I take will be good or bad. :p

LoicB
Kolor Team

Liked in: 8 posts
Info

Re: Proper color correcting?

by LoicB » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Hey, with autopano video you will harmonize the colors of the cameras, not do any actual grading. For that, you indeed need to get into Premiere / After Effect / Resolve. Best way to keep the highest quality is to export Cineform or Prores out of AVP, and only export an mp4 at the very end of the editing and grading process in your favorite NLE software.