Stereo alignment difficulties with AVP <-> Giga  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Skaven252

Topic author
Liked in: 4 posts
Info

Stereo alignment difficulties with AVP <-> Giga

by Skaven252 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm trying to get a stereo camera pair (Left Only + Right Only) aligned properly by editing it in Giga.

I stay in the Authoring tab in APG so that I can see my changes update in the Realtime Preview window as I save my changes in Giga.

Sometimes the changes I make (crop, pitch, yaw, roll) refresh properly to AVP when I save the .pano, sometimes they dont. I view it in anaglyph to verify the alignment. Sometimes when I adjust the Pitch of ONE camera, they get properly adjusted in Giga (only one picture moves), but when I save and refresh it in AVP, BOTH pictures get moved the same amount, invalidating the alignment.

Is there anything I can do to get the sync between AVP and APG working properly? Thanks!

no avatar
Skaven252

Topic author
Info

Re: Stereo alignment difficulties with AVP <-> Giga

by Skaven252 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:10 pm

And now this happened again...

autopano giga critical error.png

no avatar
Skaven252

Topic author
Info

by Skaven252 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:15 am

I have kind of sort of found a workaround: after saving in Giga, stitch iv AVP again from Template and load the .pano you saved. This way all the changes get refreshed and updadted properly from Giga to AVP. But even this doesn't always seem to work. I adjusted the Pitch of the Right camera upwards a bit to align the pictures, but this update would just refuse to get set in AVP. I eventually had to start over altogether.

Could you please look into the code that syncs lens/alignment adjustments made in Giga to AVP and back?

no avatar
Skaven252

Topic author
Info

by Skaven252 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:51 pm

Looks like Levels / Gamma adjustments don't apply from Giga to AVP reliably either. I haven't yet nailed the exact ways to actually make a Giga gamma adjustment get applied to tthe AVP project, but my attempts have involved:
- switching between Stitching and Authoring tabs
- re-stitching the entire video with the saved .pano file.

When I click Save in Giga, AVP refreshes the realtime preview window, but no changes get applied. Some other times, however, they do. It seems very inconsistent.

The changes I usually apply are:
- adjusting the alignment of the cameras (pitch, yaw, roll, offset)
- cropping the video (I use it to make 180x101 degree crops for Samsung VR)
- adjusting Levels and Gamma

Am I doing things in the wrong order or something?