APV+ Giga workflow (stereo 3d)   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
erikgraham

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

APV+ Giga workflow (stereo 3d)  [SOLVED]

by erikgraham » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:40 pm

New user here.

Following the docs so far, I've managed to capture, stitch, and render a 3D Stereo video (using ffmpeg to combine a left and right renders into one video). It works great for a first attempt, especially in the Oculus. Keep in mind that before this, I had not stitched any kind of video or still photo (except years ago with Photoshop). So the learning curve is rather steep.

My question is where does Giga comes into my workflow? (particularly for stereo 3D video)
In the video tutorial and written docs I stumbled my way through, everything was done in Autopano Video Pro. From what I gather, Giga will help me improve my stitching - and maybe also give me some additional color correction options. But when do I switch to giga? How do my changes in giga propagate back to Autopano Video (just by saving and closing Giga?)...

What is the standard workflow between Video Pro and Giga and are there any specific things to keep in mind for stero 3d?
(for example, should I be doing two separate stitches in Giga for the the right and left eye?)

no avatar
erikgraham

Topic author
Info

Re: APV+ Giga workflow (stereo 3d)

by erikgraham » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:18 pm

No replies yet (not that it's been long), but let me try to answer my own question. Maybe an experienced user can tell me whether it's right or not. (even a simple yes or no would actually be useful)

Stereo 3D 360 Video workflow:

AVP
1. Injest into AVP
2. Sync in AVP
3. Stitch in AVP

Giga
4. Tweak the stitch in Giga (hit "Edit" button bottom left of Preview window to enter Giga.
5. Exit fully out of Giga (save changes when prompted along the way) back to AVP.

AVP
6. Click Stereo in AVP, select Left output.
7. Render the left video.
6. Back under Stereo, select Right output.
7. Render the right video.
8. Join left and right together with ffmpeg (or similar app).

I guess the question I have is whether I should be using Giga to tweak the stitch for the left and right videos separately?
Before I Edit in Giga (step 4), do I select right/left for output first?

no avatar
erikgraham

Topic author
Info

by erikgraham » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:23 am

Anyone have any tips at all?

no avatar
erikgraham

Topic author
Info

by erikgraham » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Bump. This is the last time I will bump. Anyone have any tips for how to use Autopano Giga with AVP for stitching 3D stereo video.