How to sync manually  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mherron54

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

How to sync manually

by mherron54 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:35 pm

I took a great pano video and I forgot to clap and move the rig. How can I sync the footage manually?

no avatar
jesusrg

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: How to sync manually

by jesusrg » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Find something that you see happends at the same time in all cameras (movement up or down, some light turning on/off, some people crossing all cameras, etc), go frame by frame till you find that something, i suggest using after effects or premier or something similar, write the time in ms for that feature to happend for each camera, and put that ms you wrote for each camera in AVP -> Syncro -> Start time, then Apply.

no avatar
AustinT

Liked in: 1 post
Info

Re: How to sync manually

by AustinT » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:57 am

Twist the cameras before you film . If autopano cannot find an accurate start time for each camera, play the movie in the preview window and watch for the first camera to spin. Bump that camera back so that it spins later. Keep doing this until all the cameras start to spin at the same time. One trick is to stitch the video at this point to pull it together so you can see what is going on. Next go to autopano Giga and erase all of the control points so they no longer glue the image together . Turn off bending and leave on diamond so you can see where each camera meets. Save and go back to autopano video. Bump your movie a frame at a time and watch for the relative motion between cameras. Sometimes you can use the horizon to verify that each camera is at the same frame but what is most important is the relative rotation of each camera while you bump forward through the frames. Also you may find that one or more cameras seem like they are in-between syncing with the rest. This is because the cameras are not in sync when they shoot each frame. Pick the frame position that seems to match up best. Higher frame rates are best because they provide less relative movement between the objects being filmed.