Stitching for Stereo - Problems  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
crazy_rabbit

Topic author
Liked in: 5 posts
Info

Stitching for Stereo - Problems

by crazy_rabbit » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:11 pm

I'm stitching for stereo and it works, but I have a problem in that it seems nearly impossible to keep track of the camera's when using the Kolor Importer. Is there something I'm missing? It names the cameras on it's own when it imports, but it doesn't necessarily match the Gopro Camera name. Is there any way to automatically carry over the gopro camera name into the file naming procedure? Also, once we get the videos in and stitching, there seems to be no way to figure out or double check if your video really is right eye, left eye. You can assign it, but if you've gotten it wrong or imported poorly, then what?

Also- how do we adjust the stitching in Autopano Giga? When I go to edit, it merges all the cameras regardless, but some stitching problems are left/right specific. How do I adjust those?

The Wiki is very light on details.
Co-Founder and Chief Creative Technology Officer
Vesmir.agency
http://www.vesmir.agency

no avatar
jesusrg

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: Stitching for Stereo - Problems

by jesusrg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:28 pm

stitching stereo have a lot of work, what rig do you use?, with izugar i have a name convention that i made myself with 2 variants, one when i stitch from a tripod or normal position and one with drone or inverted position, i always have track of each camera and know their position, thats the first thing you have to do/know, you have to rename the gopros mp4 filenames to match your project, and sometime you have to join separates files for each camera because gopro split files at 4GB.

no avatar
crazy_rabbit

Topic author
Liked in: 5 posts
Info

Re: Stitching for Stereo - Problems

by crazy_rabbit » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm using a custom 8 camera rig with Izugar lenses. Also a 6 cam rig like Izugars. It seems as if yes, I need to do a bit of organizational work ahead of time before importing because once it gets into Autopano, if I haven't named everything really easy to remember names, then it all gets lost. :-) Thanks!
Co-Founder and Chief Creative Technology Officer
Vesmir.agency
http://www.vesmir.agency