Saving Orientation  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
lightsailvr

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Saving Orientation

by lightsailvr » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 am

I've shot two videos and want to composite them together in After Effects, but I can't exactly match the orientation of the stitch. I've tried finding a solution via templates, but it doesn't seem to work. How can I match the orientation of two "takes" of video so that I can create a seamless composite?

no avatar
lightsailvr

Topic author
Info

Re: Saving Orientation

by lightsailvr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Anybody?

Amidee

Liked in: 30 posts
Info

by Amidee » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:50 pm

maybe you rotated the rig a bit between takes? | :°

no avatar
lightsailvr

Topic author
Info

by lightsailvr » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:33 pm

No, the camera did not move. The issue (which I've also posted http://www.kolor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=28343 and nobody has been able to help) is that when stitching multiple takes in Autopano Video, it does not seem to remember the orientation. I can't seem to load a template, because when I do, it then stitches all the cameras in the wrong places and I have no idea why. Is there some step in my workflow that isn't right? I've created the perfect stitch in tk 1. We simply stopped the camera and went again for take 2, so the cameras never moved. I would like to create the template of my stitch for take 1 and apply it to take 2. Seemingly not possible. If I don't use the same stitching, that is fine, but since there is no numerical way to input the orientation, I cannot match it exactly. Please can somebody from Kolor weigh in on this!? The documentation about templates is horrible.

no avatar
rxmitchell

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rxmitchell » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:09 pm

So, by orientation, do you mean horizon or what the "center" of the panorama is focused on?

If you use apg and save a panorama, you can then use that panorama as a the template under the "stitch" options -- use "template panorama"

However, this doesn't seem to save the horizon settings, which are what I'm struggling with right now, as far as setting the same Horizon settings for multiple panoramas shot in the same location. Anyone have any thoughts on copying horizon settings from one panorama to another?