Advanced 360 Video Processing - Autopano Video  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
talkingdog

Topic author
Liked in: 3 posts
Info

Advanced 360 Video Processing - Autopano Video

by talkingdog » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 pm

So this tutorial on advanced processing has this discussion on how to do foreground and background outputs but it's really not obvious how to bring the different pano reference files into autopano video.... or if it's still a feature.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlUA-6eK2I#t=195

Is it best to have 2 separate APV files for foreground and background edits or a step further... every crossing foreground parallax element.

no avatar
talkingdog

Topic author
Info

Re: Advanced 360 Video Processing - Autopano Video

by talkingdog » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:28 pm

thoughts?

no avatar
djangoboogie

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by djangoboogie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 pm

As far as i can see it, they import both files into Adobe After Effects and then mask the helmet from the video which has the helmet stitching and put that on the video which has the background stitching.

no avatar
talkingdog

Topic author
Info

by talkingdog » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 pm

I'm curious about the "reference pano" thing that happens when they edit 2 different panos and import them both into autopano video. That doesn't seem to be possible anymore.

So, it mainly looks like you just edit 2 projects or make a locked background and then work on a composite fix file.

Maybe it doesn't change things much.

no avatar
talkingdog

Topic author
Info

by talkingdog » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:52 pm

So, stupid question. How do you make a second stitch that is just focused on a specific element? The helmet edit in the tutorial appears to be only made with one panorama edit and isn't done with the timeline. Does it require lots of manual automation on the stitch track?

We have an object that goes back and forth through multiple cameras with some pretty extreme parallax artifacts and I'm trying to figure out the best way to fix it.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

Liked in: 10 posts
Info

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 pm

The stitch timeline is exactly about that. It allows to change the template used for stitching along time.
So if you need one object to be good stitch, cut a little before, a little after and on that state, create a template that is solving for that object. The software will then interpolate from the previous template to the one just for that object and back to the old ( or next one ).

no avatar
talkingdog

Topic author
Info

by talkingdog » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:49 pm

So, I was trying out making a regular kava file for the majority of the edit and making a secondary one that edits the specific problematic object.

This template concept only works for a state stitch? Our problem object is always in frame so I want to edit through the whole timeline and export both edits and layer them in after effects.

no avatar
rfendelman

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by rfendelman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:49 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:The stitch timeline is exactly about that. It allows to change the template used for stitching along time.
So if you need one object to be good stitch, cut a little before, a little after and on that state, create a template that is solving for that object. The software will then interpolate from the previous template to the one just for that object and back to the old ( or next one ).

So far, my experience experimenting with that solution is that the new template section throws the background stitching waaaayyyy off. It does solve the foreground stitching though.

Maybe I missed something. I made the two cuts on the stitch timeline and selected the new section for realignment in APG.
I also tried re-rendering that section. I'm not sure what you mean by 'template'.

martin.arnoux
Kolor Team

Liked in: 27 posts
Info

by martin.arnoux » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:35 am

Hey,

If you want to do a second stitching focused on another subject (closer or further) you need to go into APG (edit in AVP) and use the control point editor (http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... nts_Editor) to delete the links on the non concerned objects and add some control points on the new focusing parts.

Cheers,

Martin