tips for dealing with synchronization errors   [SOLVED] - View the solution

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
arigolan

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

tips for dealing with synchronization errors

by arigolan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:49 am

Even though I have a loud clap a few seconds after the start of the clips, and Autopano says that it has successfully found a synch (via audio), the resulting stitch is slightly off. I also tried a quick back and forth rotation of the monopod for the purpose of motion sync, but that didn't seem to do the trick either... any tips would be greatly appreciated.

This was using 6 GoPro Hero 4 Black cameras on a Freedom 360 rig, and the latest demo version of Autopano Video Pro.

asiavr

Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: tips for dealing with synchronization errors

by asiavr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:28 am

no avatar
captain3d

Info

by captain3d » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm

I have found Kolor's audio sync abilities to be very weak. I now have to do it manually in after effects. Motion sync was better. I had some success by firing a strong camera flash and using that as visual sync in Kolor but it only really works well indoors.

phil

no avatar
randymills

Info

by randymills » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:42 pm

I was having issues with some videos as well, one of the GoPros wasn't recording audio and I the motion sync wasn't working so I ended up bringing all video clips into Final Cut Pro X and syncing them there then exporting them individually. It worked perfectly and was fairly easy to do.

asiavr

Info

by asiavr » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:38 am

is there any tutorial online that can briefly explain how to do it? :cool:
it can be using other video editing programs as well.

thank you

randymills wrote:I was having issues with some videos as well, one of the GoPros wasn't recording audio and I the motion sync wasn't working so I ended up bringing all video clips into Final Cut Pro X and syncing them there then exporting them individually. It worked perfectly and was fairly easy to do.

no avatar
captain3d

Info

by captain3d » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 pm

Any application that can display the audio wave form of the clip can be used. Identify the peak of the clap sound and record its frame number. Do this for all clips and manually calculate the offsets. You can type these into kolor

asiavr

Info

by asiavr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:06 am

got it .. thanks

captain3d wrote:Any application that can display the audio wave form of the clip can be used. Identify the peak of the clap sound and record its frame number. Do this for all clips and manually calculate the offsets. You can type these into kolor

martin.arnoux
Kolor Team

Liked in: 27 posts
Info

Re: tips for dealing with synchronization errors  [SOLVED]

by martin.arnoux » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:52 am

Hi!

We have made some improvements on the audio synchronization in AVP 2.0, it's even better now!

Even if the synchronization is at is best but you still have desynchronization (under frame resync / rolling shutter) you can try to use a smooth output (Diamond and no cutting). This generally give more acceptable results.

Cheers,

Martin