Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:25 am 

Hi all,

First of all I'd like to introduce myself. I am Eric Fassbender and apart from being a research academic, recording nature sounds, doing photography, IT work and tour guiding I have done and keep doing as many exciting things as I can :)

I had a vision of creating 360° videos about 5 years ago, yet at the time neither the hard- nor the software were available to do what I have in mind. However, this has now changed and I have recently taken the leap and invested in 6 GoPro's, AVP and APG as well as a couple of other things. Now I am producing my first pano videos and am facing a couple of issues. I'd be very thankful for your help as I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to stitching panoramas.

I've created some basic 360 videos and all went considerably well - with room for improvement, of course. However, now I am facing a problem where AVP renders about 30% of a video and then causes OSX (10.8.5) to throw an error message that tells me that MacOSX is running out of space on the start-up volume. But that should not be a problem because Finder tells me that I still have over 72 GB of space left. Mind you, before I started the rendering, I had 113GB, so AVP has used 40GB space for intermediate files.

Has any of you encountered a similar problem or would you have an idea what the cause is and how to resolve it? I have logged in with a second, 'clean' account on the same Macbook Pro 2012 model and get the same problem on this second account. Oh, at the very start of the render, AVP itself throws the following error message:

*** Assertion failed at core/pushencoder.cpp(429):
Invalid state

I'm not sure if the two things are related because AVP starts the render despite this error message. It just later on stalls my OS.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Eric

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 2.18.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 2.18.32 PM.png [ 42.5 KiB | Viewed 347 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:17 am 

Are there any Kolor moderators on this forum?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:03 am 

Hello? Kolor? Anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 pm 

Hi Eric,

Sorry about the answer delay.

The "Assertion failed at core/pushencoder.cpp(429) - Invalid state"error is sent by the encoder meaning that your settings don't fit in a "standard MP4 preset", this could be due to a high FPS, a bad size (too large or not multiple of 16), a too large bitrate ...

You have to make sure that your settings fit in a standard level of the MP4/h.264 norm, see the section "Levels" of the wiki article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC

Despite that we force the encoding of the video using your settings, but the output might be unplayable depending on the platform.

Hope this is helpful,

Martin