Autopano video vs Autopano video pro  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jonvillaamrita

Autopano video vs Autopano video pro

by jonvillaamrita » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 am

Hello Everyone,

I want to ask you all a question.

What is the real/true difference between the Autopano video and the Autopano video pro?

there seems to be only one difference it is .. --> GPU processing for faster rendering times

in your opinion, is this extra function worth the money? it is 300 euro for this. is it really necessary?

can anyone give me some advice?

thank you very much

Jon

Destiny

Re: Autopano video vs Autopano video pro

by Destiny » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 am

Doesn't seem to be much, except a big price difference.... http://www.kolor.com/360-video/autopano ... tcher.html

I don't own a licence of this software... and I don't own the gear to shoot the video with either, so no point in testing out the trial version since I do not have any media to test it features.... It seems to be an awesome New Media but is also expensive to set up.. If done right, it can look awesome, but I have also seen some terrible examples.. I would love a GoPro Rig to test it all out but like all New Media, its start off expensive.. Perhaps cheaper alternatives will be developed.. Now there is an option for 3D 360 video, which as a far less chance of taking off than normal 360 video and far more chances of making mistakes.. I think for recording boardroom meetings it would be awesome.. So many uses but it will be a matter of apprising the end user that this New Media is an option for them.. Most people wouldn't even know it exist.. This is why I advocate that the creators of all this 360 stuff, software and hardware, begin to take a more a active role in apprising those that might find a use for all this media types..

Destiny...

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 am

it depends...
if you do it to earn Money than the Investment get paid back very fast....
if you're using a Titan with 6GB than this makes more sense than using a GTX260...
Georg

no avatar
fruitygreen

by fruitygreen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:02 am

I have a nVidia Titan card.
GPU rendering 360 videos is a must for I. Me is a very impatient guy.

Have tried rendering without GPU and the experience is a not so desirable one.

The difference between the two version is kinda extreme.

Is it worthed ?
I believe the question is irrelevant.
Do you need it?
What are your options? (AutoPanoVideo,AutoPanoVideo Pro or Video-Stitch, or manually with PTGui and P2VR combo)

I have the hardware (6 gopro rig) and tried the above software options.
AutoPanoVideo Pro is my choice in my workflow.

I am just a hobbyist, still.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:06 pm

One note: At any time, you can upgrade from AV to AVP just by paying the difference of price. That could be a way to invest into the software by doing 2 payments at different moment without any extra cost.

Return to Using Autopano Video