Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: 360° Video Publishing
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm 

Stitched together my first 360 video, but now what? What options are there to publish interactive 360 videos online?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:43 pm 

BluePhoenix wrote:
Stitched together my first 360 video, but now what? What options are there to publish interactive 360 videos online?

maybe you should have a look here: http://www.kolor.com/kolor-eyes-html5-360-video-player.html

;):cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:07 pm 

BluePhoenix wrote:

kolor eyes vor ipad is the first application:
http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2013/05/07/kolor-360-video-solutions-1st-solution-kolor-eyes-the-free-360-video-player-for-ipad/

the autopano Video is the second application:
http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2013/05/16/kolor-360%c2%b0-video-solutions-2nd-solution-autopano-video-the-new-360%c2%b0-video-stitcher-by-kolor-version-1-0-beta-1/

panotour 2.0 will be coming:
http://www.kolor.com/blog-en/2013/04/11/kolor-panotour-pro-2-0-prepare-for-the-next-generation-virtual-tours/

and ptp2.0 will interact with an next coming "Live Video" app. With it you can take the stiched Videos (with autopano Video or others) and place it inside the 360" still pano. you can fit both together and finally Export it as panotour.

Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat May 18, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:24 pm 

Thanks Georg. I need to embed the video into clients websites so it looks like I'll have to wait for Panotour 2.0 and use another option for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 pm 

BluePhoenix wrote:
Thanks Georg. I need to embed the video into clients websites so it looks like I'll have to wait for Panotour 2.0 and use another option for now.

if you dont insist on a GUI you can have a look here:
http://www.krpano.com/video/#top
;-)

Last edited by gkaefer on Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:08 pm 

The MD version was ok'ish but the HD really struggled.. I guess when Australia rolls out its national broadband network it will be much better, New Media technology catching up with New Hardware technology..

Now here is a thing... This Ninja 360 video is supposed to be showcase of what can be done.. In an earlier related post I made this comment...: http://www.kolor.com/forum/p116515-yesterday-02-18-43#p116515

"360 video is most certainly an exciting newish media..
I have seen some really nice 360 videos and some really horrible ones... I guess
in order for this new media to have value, it must be seen to be of the highest quality.."

My question is.. If I where to choose this venue to shoot a VR Tour.. I would most certainly use bracketed shots since there is huge blowout of light from the windows.. So why the hell would I want to use this venue to shoot a video showcase demo under uncontrolled lights..?? At a link in the same related post above, Georg posted a url to a Ninja guy doing his thing in CONTROLLED lighting.. The results were amazing..

Personally, I would reshoot that video in controlled lighting.. True there will be times where this is unavoidable, but when you see the amount of blown lighting in this video.. I think it could have been done better.. Since this after all, is a showcase of 360 Video..

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Last edited by Destiny on Sat May 18, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:40 pm 

Destiny wrote:
Personally, I would reshoot that video in controlled lighting.. True there will be times where this is unavoidable, but when you see the amount of blown lighting in this video.. I think it could have been done better.. Since this after all, is a showcase of 360 Video..

The questions is - as always: what´s the point to make and show it? If it´s for actuality: forget washed-out lights and so. Actuality is the only goal.
I guess the foremost reason to shoot 360x180° video will be for actuality - on web-tv for example. Here it makes the most sense in my eyes and quality isn´t such a vital item.

Shooting with controlled light need lots of preparations - and gets most likely very expensive (if you mean REALLY controlled light). Guess you never set controlled light on events . . ;)

Yes - it can be done better: with MUCH more effort and at MUCH more costs. A good example are the interactive 360x180 helicopter-panoramas from our russian friends. Amazing quality!! 4 resp. 6 5D2 with a fisheye each . . . so that would roughly be about 15-20000.- bucks to invest first.
Can you imagine the amount of data to be processed? ;):cool: Needs REAL HEAVY stuff . . .

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 am 

emm... I was hoping that our Russian friends would lend me their gear to play with.. ;)

Destiny..

Primary School Teacher - Hobby Virtual Tours and 3D/360 Object/Product Photographer - Our aim is to create a 3D/360 Virtual Tour Shop/Store with links to 3D/360 degree products. My gear, VR Drive II - D90 - Nikon 10.5 fisheye - Nikon D800 with Nikon-Nikkor 14-24 - NOVOFLEX Magic Balance - Acratech GP Ball-head - Nodal Ninja 4 + RD-16 Rotor - Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Carbon Fiber Tripod :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:45 am 

I really struggle to get a good output resolution using my six gopros 3 black edition and Autopano video. Motion is mostly jumpy and the video is a bit too compressed.

Does anyone have suggestions for what preset, or fine tuning of presets, to use for a high quality 360 video with motion that is smooth, and using autopano video? And are you guys satisfied with the result you get when outputting from autopano video?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 pm 

to Skogberg:
I have 6GoPro blacks and I get good output when rendering out to 5540 x 2770 and 4000 x 2000.
When I render out for an iPad KolorEyes360 (1920 x 960) the resolution and quality drops.

Not sure how you are viewing your videos, but I am holding my breath waiting for the 3rd and/or next 360 video solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:17 pm 

Hi Fruitygreen,

What player are you using? And what preset? Or are you manually changing a preset?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:18 am 

Skogberg wrote:
What player are you using?
!

For just viewing large resolution renders I use just Quicktime and/or KRPano.
Waiting for other 360Video solutions to make my interactive 360 Videos.

Skogberg wrote:
And what preset?
!

We're talking about AutoPano video, right? I use Preset: H.264 4k Standard: as original video

Skogberg wrote:
Or are you manually changing a preset?

!

Yes, but I am a little confused at all settings. Meaning I don't quite understand how all things work in unison.
You might want to ask for a Tutorial.

All I know is that I can get very high resolution out of it.

Forgot to mention, I had to render to frames and combine with Adobe Premiere.

Last edited by fruitygreen on Thu May 30, 2013 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 pm 
Administrator

We offer 3 solutions for viewing:
- Kolor Eyes Ipad => you can put video of 1920x1080 there with good results in playback ( 30fps on ipad4 ).
- Kolor Eyes Desktop => that's our native free 360° video player ( download link soon available ). 4K support if you have a good GPU. We never tried beyond that, but there should be no issue over that value if your video decoder ( codec ) is fast enough to decode the video you put into Kolor Eyes
- Kolor Eyes Hosting => that's an HTML5/Flash solution. Through the web, 2K is really the limit.