CUDA support for 7 cameras  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Video!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
rmukalian

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

CUDA support for 7 cameras

by rmukalian » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm

I've been a long time user of autopano video, and I have a 14 camera stereo gopro rig. I purchased the version3 upgrade in hopes of being able to use CUDA to speed up my render times. I had seen that stereo wasn't supported yet in the release notes, but even with that speed boost, I should be able to render out one eye at a time and recombine them later in less time than an old single stereo render would have taken. However, after a lot of troubleshooting, i just saw that CUDA is only enabled for 2 or 6 camera setups (that piece of information was not in the release notes, i found it buried on this page: http://www.kolor.com/wiki-en/action/vie ... _-_General)

Do you have any idea when it will be available for either 7 (mono) or 14 (stereo) setups?

EDIT: In the changelog on the release post for 3.0 this is listed as being fixed even though the limitation is still present: "- [ALPS-1352] : Test CUDA with other than 2 or 6 camera rigs"

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 106 posts
Info

Re: CUDA support for 7 cameras

by olivierbo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Hello,

We tried to make it compatible with more RIGs, including 7 camera RIGs, but this is not fully compatible yet, I'm sorry.

Kind regards,
Olivier