Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Firmwares v101

by Lionel Laissus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Update Firmware 101 (2015-02-09)

• From a direct connection (Computer to Panoshoot) do not use your smartphone but your computer !!!
Open a browser http://192.168.245.1/update.html then select the right firmware cf (below)

• From firmware v098
http://www.kolor.com/tmp/panoshoot/update_098_101.bin

• From firmware v099
http://www.kolor.com/tmp/panoshoot/update_099_101.bin

• From firmware v100
http://www.kolor.com/tmp/panoshoot/update_100_101.bin

Changed Log
• Better support IPad-IPhone browser (iOS8)
• Better support Android browser
• Fixed shooting preview (missing pictures and bad alignment)
Attachments
Panoshoot_update.jpg

no avatar
noescape

Info

Re: Firmwares v101

by noescape » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Is it possible to get a Changelog , thanks ?

i am still an old user of the paywizard bluetooth and depending of what user will report from this firmware i will examine the need/ or not to purphase this item.

I really hope you get fixed all the thing that former users where asking .

shais

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by shais » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:14 am

Hi,
First of all, I'm very glad to finally see some progress in the Panoshoot area. As I hoped, Kolor mean business. :)
I just updated the firmware, I haven't worked enough with it yet but I have a few questions\remarks:
1- Is the XML file supported by Autopano? previously it was unusable.
2- not directly related to the firmware upgrade - the 4 presets that we can choose from in the active camera profile are a good option but in my opinion the implementation is not good since I can't remember which profile has which options, I need to go the the camera edit screen or look in a list I have. it's time consuming and cumbersome.
3- I second the request for a change log

Thank you
Shai

no avatar
Markus W.

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by Markus W. » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:17 am

I've updated my Panoshoot from #99 to #101.

Now i get Errors and the Module isn't working...

******************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: The Module cannot work, because the Allview Mount died after flashing Panoshoot.
If unfortunate coincidence or not, I can not judge...
******************************************************************************************************************
Here two Screenshots

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Lionel Laissus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:33 am

Is Panoshoot connected to the router or "directly" to you computer ?
Try to connect your computer to Panoshoot's wifi "directly"

Then open a browser and enter:
http://192.168.245.1/
If you get Panoshoot home page enter:
http://192.168.245.1/api?movefree=80 (start spining)
http://192.168.245.1/api?movefree=0 (stop spining)

Does it work ?

no avatar
Markus W.

Info

by Markus W. » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:33 am

Lionel,
i got no Internet Connection with the module, so i did the update manually.
Therefore i connected Panoshoot with the Allview.
After update i wonder, because my Allviewmount did not respond.
I put the original stearing to the Allview and got the Errormessage "No Link to Mount".
A look at the first screenshot at "MC ver" (Motorcontroller) Shows the value 0.0.0
So Panoshoot is unable to read / communicate with the Mount.
It is curious that the mount worked fine before updating Panoshoot.
I currently can not check more until I fixed the motherboard of Allview...

no avatar
Markus W.

Info

by Markus W. » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:29 pm

My Allview Mount died after flashing Panoshoot, is it really a coincidence?
I guess my Panoshoot module is a Mountkiller! We had to replace a new Motherboard in the Allview...
Is it possible that the flash process destroyed the motherboard of a Mount? Have you checked the Code?

But I got a Merlin Mount for testing the new Firmware.
Panoshoot runs, but there are a lot of bugs. You can play with that stick, but real working is not possible.

I'm not able to set the values for the Limits of the Mount and it is equally impossible to delete old profiles without error.
I miss to set a reference Point as Papywizard can do for Setting a Homeposition. I miss too a Papywizard compatible Shooting mode in Terms of XML-files.
The GUI is also not designed for professional work. Very good role models would Papywizard or the T & C controller.
I have panoshoot for the past 2 years and can not properly work with, that's a fact!

What's about FW V 2 and the new GUI?
And please Kolor, explain me the difference between Hardware Revision B and D of Panoshoot.

no avatar
karamany

Info

by karamany » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:41 am

Hi Markus,

I can imagine your struggle, I thought that I am alone on this mess, till I found this forum. I tired to contact the developer with no success. Panoshoot is a brilliant idea, with a terrible implementation, it reminds me of a not complete graduation project.

I was able -finally- to shoot a panoramic image using the Panogear / Panoshoot combination, I successfully updated my panoshoot to the latest version (however I have to admit, that I did not feel any enhancements).

I will try to reply about 3 issues you raised (because I also was going mad facing them :)

1. XML file works with PC only, with the Android, it generates a file, but it is not correct (empty)

2. Value limits... oh, I spent hours try to figure out how to change this... it is simple: rotate your panogear to the value you want (I use +180, +90) click the + buttons and the value will be entered, repeat with the second limit (I use - -180, -90), click the minus buttons and it will be saved as well... save the profile with these values

3. Unable to save or delete issue (mainly in the profile page) is due to connection with other saved data (mostly in the matrix page), so you need first to delete the saved data in the matrix page, save, then go to profile page and delete what you want. you may need to refresh each time you do something, because the application is not always refreshing.

4. Rotating navigation bar is a disaster... yes it is, you can change it to a docked style, which is better. To do so, you need to enable advanced options (and I really recommend do that for other reasons as well, you will be able to see more features).

Hope this will help you little bit, till the official guys replies.

Regards,

Alex

Markus W. likes this post.

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Lionel Laissus » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi

I got answers from Javier to your questions:

About Panoshoot revision:
All boards are almost the same including the space for the LED, only installed on rev D boards and few boards B and C.
From B to C, there is a little displacement of one track to improve the manufacturing process and the displacement of one resistor to show the word Panoshoot and the flash pads better.
From C to D there is a little displacement of the joystick to replace a discontinued part.

1. XML file works with PC only, with the Android, it generates a file, but it is not correct (empty)
XML on some mobile browsers will not work as many other internet features not work on mobile browsers. Is not empty, it was not saved correctly by the browser.

2. Value limits... oh, I spent hours try to figure out how to change this... it is simple: rotate your panogear to the value you want (I use +180, +90) click the + buttons and the value will be entered, repeat with the second limit (I use - -180, -90), click the minus buttons and it will be saved as well... save the profile with these values
Value limits, is confusing because the system swap values to avoid invalid ranges.

3. Unable to save or delete issue (mainly in the profile page) is due to connection with other saved data (mostly in the matrix page), so you need first to delete the saved data in the matrix page, save, then go to profile page and delete what you want. you may need to refresh each time you do something, because the application is not always refreshing.
You can't delete a profile if it has a program attached to it. first you need delete all programs related to the profile (mosaics) and then delete the profile.

4. Rotating navigation bar is a disaster... yes it is, you can change it to a docked style, which is better. To do so, you need to enable advanced options (and I really recommend do that for other reasons as well, you will be able to see more features).
Rotational bar doesn't work in some browsers as should be. there is an issue with some mobile browsers that change the behavior re-sizing the screen without reason, then fixed screen stop working. For PC browsers, no issues at all.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 96 posts
Info

by mediavets » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:32 pm

I thought the USP of the PanoShoot was that the control software ran on any device (desktop, laptop, mobile or tablet) with a web browser?

It seems this isn't true.

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Lionel Laissus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:14 am

We are working to make Panoshoot runs on any device but it's not that easy

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 96 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:12 am

Lionel Laissus wrote:We are working to make Panoshoot runs on any device but it's not that easy

OK, but what is the current situation?

I quote from panoshoot.com:

"The Panoshoot is a wireless module controller with a fully integrated web server that
enables Wi-Fi control through a browser based application. Since the Panoshoot is
controlled via an HTML5/JavaScript format, all modern mobile communication devices like
Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Blackberrys are usable as platforms
for remote control.
However, it is still possible to use a simple PC or laptop to control your
panohead via modern browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, IE 10, Safari and Opera."

If Kolor has taken over all development of Panoshoot and intends to continue to develop and offer Panoshoot ( is that correct? ) then perhaps it's time to remove the panoshoot.com site which is incomplete, misleading, out of date and doesn't appear to have been updated for a very long time.

Meanwhile is there any sort of list of platforms and devices and OS and browsers which can be used to control Panoshoot reliably?

klausesser

Liked in: 41 posts
Info

by klausesser » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:51 pm

mediavets wrote:
Lionel Laissus wrote:We are working to make Panoshoot runs on any device but it's not that easy

OK, but what is the current situation?

Good question!

Klaus

no avatar
caddzeus

Info

by caddzeus » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 am

The links to the firmware updates aren't working.

no avatar
jochenfroehlich

Info

by jochenfroehlich » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:55 am

Hi,

i cannot delete any presets in the Web UI I have saved. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Cheers Jochen

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Lionel Laissus » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:29 am

caddzeus wrote:The links to the firmware updates aren't working.

The links are fixed. Sorry about that ...

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Topic author
Info

by Lionel Laissus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:30 pm

jochenfroehlich wrote:Hi,

i cannot delete any presets in the Web UI I have saved. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Cheers Jochen

Make sure the preset is not used somewhere else in a "sub-menu"

If you still cannot delete the preset try to reset the Panoshoot

1)WARNING: The firmware version has to be 101
2)Connect the pc directly to the Panoshoot
3)Type http://192.168.245.1/api?format=userdata

If everything is fine you should have :
RunSession.jpg

Mosaic.jpg

Preset.jpg

Return to Panoshoot