Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What's about....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 47
new Firmwareupdates? The last Update was in May 2013.... :rolleyes:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:09 am 
Offline
New member

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Tubize, Belgium
Same question from my side !
I've also asked about the availability of the API documentation/description...
And no answer *EVER* from anyone at "panoshoot.com".
This is not serious !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:03 pm 
Offline
New member

Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:31 pm
Posts: 6
same here...

whats up with you ???no firmware update since have a year...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:13 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 am
Posts: 48
Same here! Can someone tell if these guys still exist?
No replies on anything, no comments, no support (Even a reply like "we are aware of this or that problem and are working on a solution" is better than no reply at all)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13943
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
shais wrote:
Same here! Can someone tell if these guys still exist?
No replies on anything, no comments, no support (Even a reply like "we are aware of this or that problem and are working on a solution" is better than no reply at all)


I believe this forum member is one of the Panoshoot guys...you might try a PM?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=68058


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:04 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 am
Posts: 69
Location: Florida, USA
Hi
We are active. I was working the last months in one project related in some way with Panoshoot.
The project is really intense, Monday to Monday dedication. I will have a "temporal vacation" from this project the next two weeks, so I will be able to include some improvements and release a new update.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 47
javqui wrote:
Hi
We are active. I was working the last months in one project related in some way with Panoshoot.
The project is really intense, Monday to Monday dedication. I will have a "temporal vacation" from this project the next two weeks, so I will be able to include some improvements and release a new update.


Two weeks are over... any informations about a new and working update?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:51 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 47
NO BUGFIXES, nothing happend since May. I want my Money back!
I will contact the Guy's from Kolor, because I am disappointed and very angry about this behavior!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:15 am 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 am
Posts: 48
I've got an email from panoshoot regarding a specific problem I have with the mirror lock-up. They said that a new firmware update will be announced soon. But I must say that sadly this is not the only problem I have. I had a big and expensive shooting day and the XMLs are useless. I'm now stiching hundreds of sky frames by hand.

I'm still not giving up on this though. First, because I think that this product has good potential, and second because I have no other way to control the head.

Do you have another controller?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:34 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:12 pm
Posts: 1341
Location: Mont-Saint-André (Belgium)
Alternatives exists :

Papywizard (multiplatform), PandroidWiz (Android) and T&C touch-controler (full autonomous controler device)

T&C Touch Controler:
http://www.typeandcolour.de/index.php?ln=en&tp=hhc_home
http://magasin.skivr.com/en/accessoires-panogear/152-touch-controler-for-panogear-merlin-head.html

PandroidWiz:
Android application for Merlin head. (free you just need a BT module for the Merlin head and a Tablet or simple smartphone...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fvh.panoramic.pandroidwiz

And of course ...
Papywizard see in the present forum.

Good luck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:18 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
shais wrote:

I had a big and expensive shooting day and the XMLs are useless. I'm now stiching hundreds of sky frames by hand.


You can give me some details - sensorsize, focallength, overlap. I guess you shot spheres!?
I will use the T&C handheld to generate the xmls for you. It´s a very reliably and perfectly working device . .

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 am
Posts: 48
klausesser wrote:
shais wrote:

I had a big and expensive shooting day and the XMLs are useless. I'm now stiching hundreds of sky frames by hand.


You can give me some details - sensorsize, focallength, overlap. I guess you shot spheres!?
I will use the T&C handheld to generate the xmls for you. It´s a very reliably and perfectly working device . .

best, Klaus


Thank you!
I have already done most by hand, but I have one left and it's in a mess, so this might really help!
sensor is 35.9 × 24 mm, focal length is 105mm, minimum overlap 27% and I shot 270X180 deg.
the head was mounted upside down if it matters.

Thank you!
Shai


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
shais wrote:
Thank you!
I have already done most by hand, but I have one left and it's in a mess, so this might really help!
sensor is 35.9 × 24 mm, focal length is 105mm, minimum overlap 27% and I shot 270X180 deg.
the head was mounted upside down if it matters.


Hi!

What does "minimum overlap 27%" mean exactly? Overlap *needs* to be constant!
What does "the head was mounted upside down" mean exactly?

best, Klaus

If you ever do the same thing again: shoot full spheres!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:11 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 am
Posts: 48
the minimum overlap is just how it is set up with panoshoot. the exact overlap is
27% horizontal 31.3% vertical

and the head mount is like this:
Image


Attachments:
2013-11-25 08.52.22.jpg
2013-11-25 08.52.22.jpg [ 1.49 MiB | Viewed 849 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:19 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
shais wrote:
the minimum overlap is just how it is set up with panoshoot. the exact overlap is
27% horizontal 31.3% vertical

and the head mount is like this:
Image


How many shots? My head calculates 348.

Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:40 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13943
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
shais wrote:
I have already done most by hand, but I have one left and it's in a mess, so this might really help!
sensor is 35.9 × 24 mm, focal length is 105mm, minimum overlap 27% and I shot 270X180 deg.
the head was mounted upside down if it matters.

Thank you!
Shai


I'll have a go at creating an XML file using Papywizard in simulation mode...

So was this a regular grid/matrix/mosaic of images? That is same number of shoits in every row.

If so how many rows and columns?

What was teh shooting order row by row or column by column?

Did you start top left or at some other corner?

Did you return to the start of each row or column or reverse direction for alternate rows or columns?

Do yoiu have fullframe or a cropped sensor body?

If cropped sensor what is the crop factor (or which brand/model of camera?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
here´s the XML: (i couldn´t mount the head upside-down - so you need to turn the images 180°)

www.360impressions.de/Shai.zip

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:56 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
mediavets wrote:
shais wrote:
I have already done most by hand, but I have one left and it's in a mess, so this might really help!
sensor is 35.9 × 24 mm, focal length is 105mm, minimum overlap 27% and I shot 270X180 deg.
the head was mounted upside down if it matters.

Thank you!
Shai


I'll have a go at creating an XML file using Papywizard in simulation mode...

So was this a regular grid/matrix/mosaic of images? That is same number of shoits in every row.

If so how many rows and columns?

What was teh shooting order row by row or column by column?

Did you start top left or at some other corner?

Did you return to the start of each row or column or reverse direction for alternate rows or columns?

Do yoiu have fullframe or a cropped sensor body?

If cropped sensor what is the crop factor (or which brand/model of camera?)


Hi Andrew!

1) he shot an angle-mode of 270x180°
2) his camera is a D800 - so he has 35.9 × 24 mm.

How far rows and columns are identical with the PW pattern - we´ll see . . :cool:
Of course there´s the problem where he started - but he might be able to set that in the stitch
by using the centerpoint . . Just an experiment.

Funny thing to try anyway. I suggested to shoot always full spheres in such situations.

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:15 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
shais wrote:
the minimum overlap is just how it is set up with panoshoot. the exact overlap is
27% horizontal 31.3% vertical

and the head mount is like this:
Image



Shais -

do you have XML files at all from this shooting??

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13943
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
klausesser wrote:
Hi Andrew!

1) he shot an angle-mode of 270x180°
2) his camera is a D800 - so he has 35.9 × 24 mm.

How far rows and columns are identical with the PW pattern - we´ll see . . :cool:
Of course there´s the problem where he started - but he might be able to set that in the stitch
by using the centerpoint . . Just an experiment.

Funny thing to try anyway. I suggested to shoot always full spheres in such situations.

best, Klaus


I need to know the shooting pattern for a Papywizard created XML to have a chance of working.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:30 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:
Hi Andrew!

1) he shot an angle-mode of 270x180°
2) his camera is a D800 - so he has 35.9 × 24 mm.

How far rows and columns are identical with the PW pattern - we´ll see . . :cool:
Of course there´s the problem where he started - but he might be able to set that in the stitch
by using the centerpoint . . Just an experiment.

Funny thing to try anyway. I suggested to shoot always full spheres in such situations.

best, Klaus


I need to know the shooting pattern for a Papywizard created XML to have a chance of working.


because he didn´t shoot a full sphere there´s much unlikely a chance to match his pattern - we don´t know
where exactly he started . . .

I don´t know much about how far the Panoshoot uses a PW kind of pattern at all . .

best, Klaus

P.S.: i mean it´s unacceptable how Panoshoot lets it´s clients hang out allone with their issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:53 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:17 am
Posts: 48
Hi guys,

thank you so much for this.
Does this timelapse video help?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zorzqekvxytax0h/Shooting.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
shais wrote:
Hi guys,

thank you so much for this.
Does this timelapse video help?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zorzqekvxytax0h/Shooting.mp4



ok - it´s zig-zag. Row by row. Maybe it works with the PW pattern.

But the problem is: IF you would have used a full sphere there´s no beginning and no end - this way it´s easy to make a virtual pattern externally.

You shot a certain angle - this way you need to find out where you started and where you stoped shooting.

I nevertheless suggest to use my xml to see what happens.

Again: don´t you have any xml from your Panoshoot?

best, Klaus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:16 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 13943
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
shais wrote:
Hi guys,

thank you so much for this.
Does this timelapse video help?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zorzqekvxytax0h/Shooting.mp4


Yes.

Appears to start top left and reverse at end or row?

But I need to know how many rows and columns of images were shot. That is say X rows of Y images.

Also did you bracket exposures or was there only one image per shooting position?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's about....
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:39 pm 
Offline
Member

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Posts: 7727
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
mediavets wrote:
shais wrote:
Hi guys,

thank you so much for this.
Does this timelapse video help?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zorzqekvxytax0h/Shooting.mp4


Yes.

But I need to know how many rows and columns of images were shot. That is say X rows of Y images.


Not necessarily. The rows and columns result from the values of the angle and the focal length.
This values he told precisely - i hope :cool: - 270x180°

It´s worth a try anyway, i mean. The problem is to find the point where the shooting started.
That´s why i suggested to always shoot a full sphere - whether you need all images or not.

mediavets wrote:
Also did you bracket exposures or was there only one image per shooting position?


If he´s going to try my XML: it´s set to record ONE exposure on each location. I can change that -
but i prefer it this way because i always process bracketed shots before stitching.

best, Klaus

PS: he shot 14 rows as i counted . . :cool: knowing sensorsize and overlap it´s easy to calculate
the shots per row and find the amount of columns. (can be found in my xml btw.)

PS2: PapyWizard calculates 364 shots, my handheld calculates 348 shots - using a different head of course.
I´ll post the XML from the PW-simulation too.


Last edited by klausesser on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group