Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Unable to Shoot Session
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:27 pm 

My company has recently purchased a Panogear kit with a Panoshoot wi-fi controller, and as the company photographer I have been placed in charge of using the Panogear.

I've managed to successfully create a couple of test panoramas, but now I can't go any further as every time I try to start a new session I get a message saying "There is one session running". Everything else seems to be okay - I can create and save profiles, etc., but I just can't actually take any further photos.

I've tried everything I can possibly think of, but cannot find a way of cancelling this and starting a new session.

I have just updated to the latest build v99 as well, but that hasn't fixed anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:19 pm 

PunkSkaPhil wrote:
My company has recently purchased a Panogear kit with a Panoshoot wi-fi controller, and as the company photographer I have been placed in charge of using the Panogear.

I've managed to successfully create a couple of test panoramas, but now I can't go any further as every time I try to start a new session I get a message saying "There is one session running". Everything else seems to be okay - I can create and save profiles, etc., but I just can't actually take any further photos.

I've tried everything I can possibly think of, but cannot find a way of cancelling this and starting a new session.

I have just updated to the latest build v99 as well, but that hasn't fixed anything.

Welcome to the forum...

Pure speculation...but...do you have to remove the XML file before you start a new session if you are not recording multisession XML files (which incidentally are of no use to anyone AFAIK).

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:41 pm 

I had removed them for the previous rotations that I'd done - or at least renamed the xml files in order that it wouldn't have problems downloading the latest xml.

I'd had the kit packed away in a box for two weeks since my last panorama, so there haven't been any recent attempts or any new xml files downloaded, but since setting up the Panogear and everything again today to make a new panorama, it just keeps telling me that there is already a session running.

So far I've found the whole thing incredibly confusing, not helped by the fact that the instructions that arrived with my kit were based around the Bluetooth controller and Papywizard - there was no information at all regarding the wireless Panoshoot controller that was in the bundle and I had to find the documentation online - but I thought I was at least getting somewhere as I had managed to make a few test panoramas that seemed to be working out okay. I'm soon going to have to go out on a location shoot to do a panorama for a prject my comapny's working on, but I'm now very worried that I'll turn up and not even be able to make a basic panorama.

Thank you for the welcome, by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:01 pm 

I am also sometimes getting an alert saying: "communication error:sessionstart=8&starttime=000000", if that helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:12 pm 

I had the idea of unplugging the Panoshoot controller from the AUX socket, plugging it into the HC socket and moving the joystick around the move the camera. After then plugging back into the AUX socket, it appears to have reset the Panogear and is now finally shooting again!