Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:31 am 

The shutter release jack on the AllView. I can't get it to work with my wireless triggers.
I got the right cable (PC->2.5 mm mono TRS connector) and it'll fire as soon as it's shorted.
AllView goes to the motions of shooting, but doesn't release the trigger.
It states that it's Canon compatible, so maybe it's not shorting the connection, but doing something else. I have no clue and no Canon DSLRs at hand.
Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:44 pm 

kosmarnik wrote:
The shutter release jack on the AllView. I can't get it to work with my wireless triggers.
I got the right cable (PC->2.5 mm mono TRS connector) and it'll fire as soon as it's shorted.
It states that it's Canon compatible, so maybe it's not shorting the connection, but doing something else. I have no clue and no Canon DSLRs at hand.
Any ideas?

I guess you need a stereo-jack. 1. half press for measuring and 2. full press for release.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:53 pm 

klausesser wrote:
kosmarnik wrote:
Any ideas?

I guess you need a stereo-jack. 1. half press for measuring and 2. full press for release.

best, Klaus

Might be, but don't have one at hand. I did try with a 4 pole 2.5mm jack, and a multi-meter, doesn't short the tip :|
Seems like the plug is mono as the other poles are shorted as soon as I plug it in.
I'm guessing theres something wrong with my port.
Oh joy.

Pinout is pretty simple: http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/remote_pinout/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:27 pm 

kosmarnik wrote:
Any ideas?

My AllView was delivered with a shutter release cable comprising a 2.5 mm TRS / stereo plug at each end. It is wired T-T R-R and S-S. No crossover. It works perfectly with my Canon EOS 500D.
I am confused because you say you have a cable with a mono TRS connector. This is a contradiction in terms. A mono 2.5 mm plug is TS only and will not work.

Note: TRS = Tip Ring Shield, a legacy description stemming from the days of manual switchboards (pre-strowger) where 1/4 inch connectors with three contacts were used to connect the Tip, Ring and Shield signals to and from telephone customers.