KOLOR watermark shows in Nik Collection tools  

If you have question about Neutralhazer plugin for Photoshop, this is the right place.
no avatar
colojo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

KOLOR watermark shows in Nik Collection tools

by colojo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:08 pm

I have the latest versions of Neutralhazer and Google's Nik Collection installed in Photoshop CC 2014 on my Mac running Yosemite. For some reason, a big KOLOR watermark appears in the editors of all the Nik filters, and then gets saved with the changes. Why on earth would this be happening? I own properly registered licenses for both products.

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

Re: KOLOR watermark shows in Nik Collection tools

by Cliquetsy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:23 am

You own licenses but is neutralhazer registered?

no avatar
colojo

Topic author
Info

by colojo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Yes, everything was registered. But now things are stranger still. I completely uninstalled Photoshop CC 2014 and the plugins, then reinstalled Photoshop and the Nik Collection. But now the Neutralhazer installer can't find Photoshop on my computer, so it's not installed at the moment (see my other post). Yet the KOLOR watermark still appears in the Nik Collection editors in Photoshop!

In Lightrooom 5 all is well. The Nik Collection editors work normally and there is no watermark.

no avatar
colojo

Topic author
Info

by colojo » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:25 pm

OK, I got everything resolved. I have a BOOT drive and a BOOT BAK drive mounted on my desktop. Every night the contents of BOOT are mirrored to BOOT BAK as part of my backup routine. This includes all my installed applications. This means I have two copies of Lightroom and Photoshop on my system, which was confusing the plugin installers. So I uninstalled everything, unmounted BOOT BAK, reinstalled everything on BOOT, and now it all works fine. I'm going to modify my backup script so it will mount BOOT BAK immediately before backing up, and then unmount it immediately afterwards, to avoid such confusion in the future.