Thanks for bug report.
1. I am not keen on the way the messages on the shooting sequence messages status line 'jump around' - I find it very distracting. Can you align left rather than centred?
This is a temporary feature; I plan to find another way to display these informations.
2. Can we have a n/N added when Restart in... is displayed - infront of the restart in.... to indicate the number of repeats performed so far (and by implication the no. of repeats still to be performd).
3. Whilst 'Yaw' and 'Pitch may be technically more 'precise' I would prefer 'Row' and Col' to indicate current shooting position in the shooting status line. Do we need brackets around these data?
I do prefer yaw/pitch, as they are terms used by APP. Also think that the head can be horizontal... yaw/pitch will always be relative to the head, but it will be less disturbing than col/row.
4. Do we need 'Position' perhaps '#' or 'No.' would do? And make for a less 'busy' status line message string?
5. I had envisaged the Timer setting being a time - eg. 09:35:00, or 21:25:30 rather than a delay, but maybe your implmentation is better. I had enviase it being a clock time rather than a delay time because I was thinking of later developments when you may be able to set more than one time in the Timer - eg. to shoot a pano at 8:30. then another at 11:30 then another at 15:00 (8:30am, 11:30am and 3pm).
This is a simple
timer for now
I agree we also need a timer like you described. But it will be for a future release...
6. I like (very much) the implementation of the new tabs in the Configure dialogue and the ability to jump into the Configure dialogue from Shooting dialogue. Can we develop that further and have an icon to jump to the Camera tab and other tanbs it would be useful to access from the Shooting dalogue. I had envisage unlabelled icons to do this wher you currently have labelled icons for Timer and Data file - do we need icons here to be labelled? If we didn't have text labels on the icons we could fit in more icons? Would you GUI toolkit allow you to have pop-up tooltips on such icons rather than labels in the UI?
As explained, there are some settings which can't be changed once the shooting dialog is opened. Most of them, in fact. I have to change the internal design to allow this. I think to make a better settings usage for the v2: we will make a big feature/GUI review to implement all these nice ideas.
Canon 20D + 17-40/f4 L USM + 70-200/f4 L USM + 50/f1.4 USM
Merlin/Orion panohead + Papywizard
on Nokia N800 and HP TC-1100