Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:12 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:48 pm 

Hi: I'm trying the preset generator (at settings it came with (240 shots...yaw -right, yaw per position 0.1, shots per position : 1

Works but after compiling the timelapse in Quicktime Pro (at any fps.) it's jerky/choppy/not smooth.
Tried 0 stab. delay, 0 shutter up to 3 sec. stab delay, 3 sec. shutter in papywizard with no better results.

I've seen some very smooth vids using this setup...can anyone who has had such success please share their settings
so I can try and get a good vid out of mine.

Much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:20 am 

After a lot of testing here is my conclusion.. For a daytime panning timelapse...don't use Papywizard..just use the hand controller.
I ran similar tests with using the hand controller and using Papywizard timelapse application.
1. Hand controller plus Yongnuo intervalometer : Camera set to 0.5(half second) shutter speed, in TV mode. focus manual, Intervalometer set to One(1) pic every five(5) seconds. Hand controller set to Tracking On and Slow (4x)..( I clamped the right button on the hand controller to enable a constant pan movement at slow(4x). Imported images to Premiere Pro CS5 and rendered at 30fps..(note that the 24fps render was very very slightly stuttering so that's why I used 30 fps and the result is very smooth.

2. Using the Papywizard timelapse generator : 480 pics..Yaw - 0.1 to right...I pic per position..Shutter 0.5 sec set on camera in TV mode.....Papywizard settings: Stabilization delay : 0.5sec, Camera time value 1.8sec.. Pulse 100/100. The rendered video was acceptable but definately not as 'smooth' as the one done with the hand controller, it had a very slight stuttering to it(rendered as well to 30fps).. I also ran the test with 0 stabilization delay but got the same result (slight stutter).