Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:07 am 
Administrator

With Panotour Pro, you can download and decompress the following archive in the template directory to have APT style menus.

http://ftp.autopano.net/releases/resources/APTstyle.zip

Last edited by renan on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:06 pm 

renan wrote:
With Panotour Pro, you can download and decompress the following archive in the template directory to have APT style menus.

I am bit confused.

Will this replace the current default Panotour themes or simply add an additional 'orginal APT style' theme?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:23 pm 

no dont think so.
default lies under win7:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Kolor\PanotourPro15\Templates\

just drop the content of the zip file here...

the new menu entries will be additionally listed as "apt-...." according to filename.

I fast crosschecked the files inside the zip. the files are not existing in default PTP installation. So file files will finally not overwrite existing ones...

lg
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:34 pm 

Yes, Georg, you're correct.

I did as Renan instructed and ended up with an additional new theme named 'APT style' displayed in Panotour Pro.

It's OK I guess (thanks Renan for creating it so quickly) and appears to offer the same template options as in APT 1.1 beta 11. - see screenshots 1.

This seems to be almost what Klaus was seeking, except that it doesn't provide the standard APT animated point hotspot graphic that he's looking for. So it is not yet completely emulating the features and effects familiar to APT users.

BUT... I think it would be better still if, acknowledging that Panotour offers a (new) Help screen feature, the APT style theme for Panotour was enhanced to include new additional templates, and a new Help button, and a new APT-look Help screen so that the templates available in the 'APT style' theme in Panotour matched those of the the other themes.

Likewise is there any reason not to offer the Color(ise) feature for the APT style theme in Panotour? Ther have been many occsaions using APT when I wanted to have a different colour for the navigation buttosnm to proviued more contsrast with te pano image.

See screenshot 2.

Going beyond this it could be useful to be able to specify the template on a per pano basis within a tour - so one could choose a different set of navigation controls, and of a different style and colour if desired, for each pano/image within a tour. I find it's often tricky to find a compromise colour for the navigation buttons that provides adequate contrast for good visibility against all the panos/images in a tour.

But I can see that this would probably require a radical re-think of the program architecture.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:49 pm 

yes would be nice if kolor team could handle this.

finally everybody can do it (if time is not criteria)
if you compare the 2d.xml and the apt.xml you see that you can add the help feature also to renans apt theme.
xml files editing seems a thing of copy & paste. the more timeconsuming part will be creating the according fitting images for the classical apt theme... ;-(

lg
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 am 

Further to my earlier post about the APT-style theme for Panotour:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p71203-2010-10-22-13-34-03#p71203

I now realise that this also impacts on the features available for Map hotspots.

The APT-style theme lacks the default point/map hotspot graphics found in APT, and instead has only one built-in style ('neutral') of point/map hotspot button and lacks the custom color/colorize feature, unlike the set of buttons and custom color feature offered with other PTP themes. This 'neutral' style built-in hotspot button, in the APT-style theme, is almost useless because its colour provides no contrast on light grounds and cannot be changed via the GUI.

I'm not sure how best to address this.

In the first instance I think it would be good to add the colorize feature for point/map hotspots for the APT-style theme.

After that perhaps consideration could be given to the creation of a set of point hotspot buttons in an APT-style look to match those offered by other themes.

What do others think?

The screenshots below show the dialogues for map hotspots. The dialogues for point hotspots are very similar but lack the width sizing controls - why is that?

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 pm 
Administrator

Colorization is an option specified in theme templates.
The colorized algorithm change the hue the pictures (change colors while keeping gray scale values).
So it's possible to activate colorization in the UI of PT by changing some value in theme template, but original APT icons have no color... So colorization will have no impact on these pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:40 pm 
Administrator

Archive is updated for working with the 1.5 RC version. Map and Panorama hotspots are not the same (old swf animation for panorama's hotspots).