no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

'Clean' Navigation Buttons Updated

by AlanS » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:34 pm

All,

I have updated the 'Clean' Navigation button set to v.93 to comply with PTP v2.3 and later. The one issue resolved was that tool tips did not work when using v.91 of the set. This has been fixed.

For further information and to download both the earlier set (works with PTP v.2.2 and earlier) and the current set (for PTP v2.3 and later), view the blog post here:
http://bit.ly/1cGT1yB

Thanks to Benjamin from Kolor for the revised .tmpl code!

Regards,

Alan

Cliquetsy

Liked in: 119 posts
Info

Re: 'Clean' Navigation Buttons Updated

by Cliquetsy » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 pm

These are great, thanks for sharing the update!

I was wondering if you were considering doing any more? :3

no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Info

by AlanS » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:57 am

I have no plans, alas. It was a project that I had made for myself and was happy to share. That said, I suggested that if anybody uses it for commercial purposes that a little donation might encourage me to make more (and bring good karma!), but as of today, I have received a grand total of... Zero donations! So from a purely financial perspective I can't justify the (significant) commitment :/

Regards,

Alan

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 227 posts
Info

by Destiny » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:18 am

Welcome to the poor peoples club AlanS.. I often got asked to do custom stuff way back with V1.8, but a cup of coffee and a doughnut did not really excite me to do anything.. I would get things said to me like.. "I am really desperate, or I will not get paid for the project...".. or.. "I might be able to through some copper your way".. oh hum.. :rolleyes:

Not that I haven't helped many forum members, but I went into it not expecting anything. I do it ONLY if I feel it will provide me with some skills, knowledge and a challenge.

So far with Panoramic Photography, I have have been rewarded with $0 and 0c a grand total of Zero.. :rolleyes:
As PTP V2+ is at the moment, spending a lot of time on any major plugins would be a waist of time.. Since the coding is still being developed.. I could make a great plugin, and I could even sell some for peanuts but.. After a few updates of PTP V2 and that same plugin might not even work anymore and I might not ever to be able to get it to work again. Where does that leave those who paid me peanuts.. Even thought they paid peanuts, they would be tight enough to ask for a refund.. So.. is it all worth while.. Nope.. The code in PTP V2 is a heap more structured than with V1.8 but.. Its also opened up a huge can of wormy things. What was once fairly easy is now very hard to do..

I would rather spend time making custom stuff that I want to do and then share it with all forum members for free with no obligations to anyone.. And, if it did not work later due to an update or two in the code, as with my old cursor code recently, I would update if possible.. But only if I wanted to not since I was obligated to..

So AlanS, I have empathy for you and your efforts being worth nothing.... :rolleyes:

Destiny...

AlanS wrote:...... if anybody uses it for commercial purposes that a little donation might encourage me to make more (and bring good karma!), but as of today, I have received a grand total of... Zero donations! So from a purely financial perspective I can't justify the (significant) commitment :/

no avatar
AlanS

Topic author
Info

by AlanS » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 am

Destiny,

Yes, I hear you! FWIW, I did not set out to design the buttons for profit, or for anything other than my own needs. I was just looking for a nice, simple, clean button set (lacking in stock PTP install, IMO!) and decided to share with the wider world after the fact (no obligations, indeed!) It's always been my way, to give back to the communities that I have been part of. I find that it benefits all, myself included, if not monetarily than with good karma. I received much help when I was getting started in my various endeavors, this is how I give back.

I make a good living shooting architectural photography and videography, pano is an adjunct to my work and it's something that I quite enjoy when the opportunity presents itself.

Needed clean buttons tho :)

Alan