Sidebar plugin  

Sokobanja

Liked in: 6 posts
Info

Re: Sidebar plugin

by Sokobanja » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for effort, but still I got groups titles before panorama titles.
I will need only 4 panoramas items in menu, without groups names and submenus.

I will look at this xml and try to override this

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Liked in: 28 posts
Info

by Alexpopov » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Well, in that case , it seems that current version of sidebar doesn't fits with this requirements ( items display panorama names, but panoramas are in groups). I will take note of this.

Sokobanja

Liked in: 6 posts
Info

by Sokobanja » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Plugin is great.
I have found how to change menu manually.
Here is how it looks like:
Code: Select all
  <include url="%FIRSTXML%/graphics/alpo.sidebar-v1.0.3/sidebar.xml" /> <sidebar name="settings" 
  groupCount="4"     
  isRealGroup_0="false"
  totalPanos0="1" 
  groupName0="LG Canteen"
  group0Contents="pano12|"
  SceneName0="pano12"     
  isRealGroup_1="false"
  totalPanos1="1" 
  groupName1="UG Reception"
  group1Contents="pano13|"
  SceneName1="pano13"     
  isRealGroup_2="false"
  totalPanos2="1" 
  groupName2="UG New Works Entrance"
  group2Contents="pano14|"
  SceneName2="pano14"     
  isRealGroup_3="false"
  totalPanos3="1" 
  groupName3="2F New Workspace A"
  group3Contents="pano15|"
  SceneName3="pano15"

So, there are no groups now, and I have multiple (3) floor-plans on (4) panoramas.

It was easy to edit .xml in Dreamweaver. I didn't know where was the code. Now, when I know, I can edit it manually if needed. Thank you Alexander for support and keep up with good work!

Alexpopov likes this post.

no avatar
panorama07

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by panorama07 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:08 pm

How to make the settings for mobile species like this http://www.360studio.org/spacery/Mparkhotel.html Image

But I got this:

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:20 am

You can do this in the Panotour settings. Disable scale option in the Build tab > Advanced > Scale. Please see attached screenshot.
Attachments
mobscale.png
mobscale.png (6.09 KiB) Viewed 5472 times

panorama07 likes this post.

no avatar
panorama07

Info

by panorama07 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 am

Here you can increase the value change for mobile (/tourdata/tour_core.xml)
<krpano vrtourdevicescale.desktop="1.0" vrtourdevicescale.tablet="1.0" vrtourdevicescale.mobile="1.6(any value)" />

no avatar
jasonkimmings

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by jasonkimmings » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi Alex.

This is exactly what I've been looking for, a solution to viewing tours on desktops AND mobiles as non of Kolor's menu system work on both. BUT, having now gotten the sidebar in the tour, the buttons from my d-pad control bar have all disappeared. Any ideas?

no avatar
panorama07

Info

by panorama07 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Find your controlbar in file youtour_skin.xml. Find the following lines: if (device.desktop, ...... and write the condition mobile any button : if (device.mobile .... or if (device.tablet ....

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Fri May 20, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi Alex,

Great plugin!!

Would there be any way for us to by default hide the sidebar on mobile devices?

This would be amazing, because on mobile, the sidebar covers much of the screen and takes away from the overall user experience when it is opened by default. - still great to have with the open icon but not by default.

We want sidebar open by default on desktop devices because it looks great on larger screens and does not take away from user experience but in fact adds to it!

Thank you so much for any help!

Matt

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Sat May 21, 2016 1:46 pm

Two more questions for you my friend!

Any way to disable thumbnails all together but still allow for text submenu for groups?

I.E. Now we have thumbnails disabled except for groups, so thumbnails appear for groups.

we would love to show just text submenu list of panos in group instead of listing thumbnails. (No thumbnails at all on menu)

Also any way to integrate a simple white arrow to scroll if more panos in list on main menu than fit in block? Especially useful on mobile devices to indicate to user to scroll for more.

Thanks for your help Alex - you are much appreciated!

osamaaf

Liked in: 5 posts
Info

by osamaaf » Sun May 22, 2016 1:31 am

mattob wrote:Two more questions for you my friend!

Any way to disable thumbnails all together but still allow for text submenu for groups?

I.E. Now we have thumbnails disabled except for groups, so thumbnails appear for groups.

we would love to show just text submenu list of panos in group instead of listing thumbnails. (No thumbnails at all on menu)

Also any way to integrate a simple white arrow to scroll if more panos in list on main menu than fit in block? Especially useful on mobile devices to indicate to user to scroll for more.

Thanks for your help Alex - you are much appreciated!

U can disable thumbnails by giving them a height of "0" zero. This is how I did. Alex please let us know if there is any other way.

For scrolling, under "Display Menu Settings" then "Display menu text settings", check the "Display buttons to scroll menu" in the right box. This will show buttons id there is more content upwards or downwards.

Hope I was helpful :)

osamaaf

Info

by osamaaf » Sun May 22, 2016 1:37 am

Alex, I found a conflict or a bug, whatever u say. I will try to explain. After all your plugins are great. I wish we have more developers providing plugins or Kolor/GroPro add more functionalities.

If we have the auto-height for block enabled then the default view of the first panorama changes to some other view. During the tour when we come back to the first panoramas the default is fine. This means the issue is just in the starting.

In case we have little planet intro affect enabled, then the starting view will be correct but the transition is not straight. The view spins a round or two on its way from little planet to the normal view. This gives a headache seriously ;)

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Mon May 23, 2016 3:14 pm

osamaaf wrote:
U can disable thumbnails by giving them a height of "0" zero. This is how I did. Alex please let us know if there is any other way.

For scrolling, under "Display Menu Settings" then "Display menu text settings", check the "Display buttons to scroll menu" in the right box. This will show buttons id there is more content upwards or downwards.

Hey osamaaf -- thanks so much for the reply! Where do you set the thumbnails height to zero? I can't seem to find setting to change thumbnail size.

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Mon May 23, 2016 3:37 pm

as per my idea above to allow for menu to be hidden by default on mobile devices and shown by default on desktop devices - I think it would also be nice to allow menu to be hidden with a set interval delay. I.E. menu is shown briefly for 2-3 seconds and then slides closed - just to let you know it is there.

This would be a most welcome feature =)

Thanks again for the great plugin Alex!

osamaaf

Info

by osamaaf » Mon May 23, 2016 4:27 pm

mattob wrote:
osamaaf wrote:

Hey osamaaf -- thanks so much for the reply! Where do you set the thumbnails height to zero? I can't seem to find setting to change thumbnail size.

Under "Display Menu Settings" the forth option is "Display thumbnails settings". See attchemnet.
Attachments
thumbs.png

charal3

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by charal3 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:21 am

Hello,
was all I just bought this plug in and I wondered how I could manage the general height of the slider.

Someone has an idea what xml file I just find the height information and position?

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Tue May 24, 2016 6:40 pm

osamaaf wrote:Alex, I found a conflict or a bug, whatever u say. I will try to explain. After all your plugins are great. I wish we have more developers providing plugins or Kolor/GroPro add more functionalities.

If we have the auto-height for block enabled then the default view of the first panorama changes to some other view. During the tour when we come back to the first panoramas the default is fine. This means the issue is just in the starting.

In case we have little planet intro affect enabled, then the starting view will be correct but the transition is not straight. The view spins a round or two on its way from little planet to the normal view. This gives a headache seriously ;)

I also have experienced this same issue. seems to spin around more if I have auto height turned on for menu block than other blocks (perhaps tied to the larger height I have specified for the menu block) and little planet intro. With no little planet intro and auto-height on menu block - the default view is off on initial load but correct upon re-visiting the initial pano.

Thanks so much for your help earlier osamaaf - I did find the section to set thumbnail height - the problem was I was initially in the Menu with Thumnails TC Type and it was not an option! Set to HT and have got it to work with zero height now!

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Tue May 24, 2016 9:24 pm

ok so I have identified a bit more information on the auto-height / initial load glitch.

The default view is affected by the width of the browser that it is open in (instead of being a fixed default view it changes based on how wide the browser window I am loading the tour in)

with little planet enabled it spins more the wider the browser and less the smaller the browser

I have all 5 blocks activated with set heights / minimum and maximum heights including auto-height on the menu block

Any help would be appreciated to resolve this bug

Thanks guys!

osamaaf

Info

by osamaaf » Wed May 25, 2016 12:32 am

@Alex, waiting for you on this Auto-Height bug. I changed the design of my tour to have just one menu block so it can work correctly. We all r really in need of a fix asap.

mattob likes this post.

no avatar
madhugopalrao

Info

Urgent - Side Bar plugin issue

by madhugopalrao » Sun May 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Hi, I am using side bar plugin,
has an issue

I need to have the Name of the Project below the logo
with thumbnails as submenu open during the start of tour

if i put the thumbnails in the group, i can see the project name
but the thumbnails are closed inside, only upon click the dropdown of thumbnails are visible
How to make visible all the thumbnails along with project name

the sidebar plugin was from dev.alexpopov.me

can anyone help
thanks regards
madhu

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey Alex and others,

any update on the auto-height issue for the sidebar?

This would help solve a major problem we are having now - we can't really implement buttons or anything else effectively on the sidebar without auto-height enabled since on mobile devices they are pushed off the screen without auto-height on the menu block. This really limits the overall functionality and we would be very thankful for any resolution to this issue. As mentioned with little planet intro - it spins crazily 5 or 6 times (depending on width) and without little planet intro the default view is wrong (which really puts a damper on the tour if you are facing the wrong direction from start)

Any help or solution to this problem would be amazing Alex - thanks!

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi,
thanks for your messages. I'm working on the new version and this bug and some other issues will be fixed. I hope to release it in this month.

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:16 pm

AWESOME ALEX THANKS!! =)

no avatar
mattob

Info

by mattob » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:25 pm

If there was a way to embed html / php or even a form of iframe on the sidebar that would be amazing. We wanted to include some custom html on the sidebar if possible - this would really be the icing on the cake. Let me know Alex, if you think this could be possible.

no avatar
Alexpopov

Topic author
Info

by Alexpopov » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:35 pm

At this time not possible, but I'll keep this in mind for future.

PreviousNext